2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i95 Construction.. 1 went flat, the other has a bubble. I'm going to try to file a claim, but I hear my odds aren't very good. Anyway, my car is the AWD one.. I know the tires need to be the same size.. But I can't find anything telling me that I can't use a different brand? The tires that came on this car are way too harsh, and poorly reviewed on tirerack. I'm planning on going with Continental DWS06 Plus, and they come with a road hazard warranty.. Much cheaper than the factory tires to boot. Any reason I shouldn't do this? (Replace 2 of a different brand)

Sucks because the tires only had like 5000 miles on them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You may have to replace all 4, even though the old ones only have 5000 miles. I'm not sure how sensitive Mazda AWD systems are, but I know a 5000 mile difference will screw up the AWD system on a Subaru...And if you do change brands, be very careful to measure the diameter of the new tires compared to what is on your car now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Man, Philly roads are brutal. I'm glad I haven't had to take my new ride out to the city yet. I'm not looking forward to when I do. Route 3 out by Upper Darby sucks, too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i95 Construction.. 1 went flat, the other has a bubble. I'm going to try to file a claim, but I hear my odds aren't very good. Anyway, my car is the AWD one.. I know the tires need to be the same size.. But I can't find anything telling me that I can't use a different brand? The tires that came on this car are way too harsh, and poorly reviewed on tirerack. I'm planning on going with Continental DWS06 Plus, and they come with a road hazard warranty.. Much cheaper than the factory tires to boot. Any reason I shouldn't do this? (Replace 2 of a different brand)

Sucks because the tires only had like 5000 miles on them.
When you say "harsh", are you referring to the Bridgestone Turanza tires or the Toyo tires?

Just curious. Mine came with the Turanza tires, and I find them quite soft/comfortable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If you want a smoother ride with still very good handling, I'd recommend the Pirelli P7 Cinturato II -- I've had them on my 2017 Mazda 3 for a few months now and love them! Handles just as well, if not better, than the stock tires, with a quieter and smoother ride.

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
186 Posts
You have to replace it by pair. Both front or both rear at the same time.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback AWD 2.5G
197 Posts
Move to the two used good tires to the rear and then put the new tires in the front. If the tread depth of the used ones is within 1/32 or 2/32 of each other I think it should be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If your car is AWD it's best to replace all 4 at once - and I put the Continental ExtremeContact DWS06's on my 2021 Turbo, and they are WAY better than the stock Turanzas I had on the Turbo, and the stock Toyos I had on my 2019 Premium hatch manual. Quieter, smoother ride, and MUCH better handling.

Reactions: perseus
1 - 10 of 10 Posts