2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently paired an i phone 5 to my 2014 3 S, but the text and email features are not functional (grayed out)? Had no such issues with my previous mobile - Blackberry. Anyone know what gives? Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Recently paired an i phone 5 to my 2014 3 S, but the text and email features are not functional (grayed out)? Had no such issues with my previous mobile - Blackberry. Anyone know what gives? Thanks.
Try erasing some conversation threads in your text messages. There may be too many that the unit could not load your entire conversation history from your phone

·
Registered
104 Posts
If it's a new phone you probably don't have the notifications enabled. Go to settings on your phone and Bluetooth, than hit the blue circled i and turn on notifications. You'll start to get text notifications. Email notifications don't work with the iPhone.

·
Registered
468 Posts
text works, but email never worked on the iphone5s, not that i'm aware of

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the i phone 5 just isn't compatible with our system. I didn't have many conversation threads as the phone is new. Notifications were enabled and I finally did receive a couple of text while driving, but could not respond to them. Those text disappeared once the car was turned off and restarted, so it doesn't show any text history. NYC your correct about email, as that has yet to work. Disappointed, but will be swapping out for a Samsung Galaxy. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. It only happens when my iPhone (iOS 8.1.3) restarts and usually only lasts for a few minutes (wonderful glorious minutes).

I would pay money to have this replicated in a stable and consistent way!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts