2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first post here. I just got officially into Mazda3 world, I am a big fan of the previous Zoom3 models. Now, I have decided to buy the new 2014 Mazda3 S Grand Touring…

I got a good deal from out of my state, so while am waiting to get it (Hopefully before Christmas). I am little confused if I have the technology package on the car or just couple individual safety features.

The specs I got on email from my dealer says the car has "lane departure warning system and blind spot monitoring".

Does that mean I will have high beam control as well as Mazda radar cruise control? If not there by the factory will be able to add it by the dealer?

Based on the VIN number, I can see there is an open recall for i-ElOOP system which I guess is part of technology package right?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I know it may sounds odd to ask about the car I just bought rather asking the seller haha. It's little complicated I got the deal from a broker friend of mine ($23K with 240 miles only on it) with little knowledge about tech specs and the car now got shipped. So that's why I thought I may find an answer here with knowledgeable members like you guys :)

Since I posted this, I did some research here and there. My guts tells me that the car I got has the 2TE rather than 3TE Tech package since the car production was on late Sep 2013 (based on carfax report). If this is the case. Do you think I will be able to add the radar cruise control through the dealer?

Much appreciated

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think that's a pretty good deal. I paid about 25K for my SGT back at the end of August and I don't have the tech package. So, you've got the tech package and paid less. Sounds like I got a rotten deal. LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.