2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please lead me to the right direction/thread if there's one out there. I tried searching but I couldnt find anything.

After I left the gym today, i started my car and the TCS indicator ( car icon with curvy lines under it, its above the seat belt indicator) came on. It wasnt blinking or anything, it stayed on for a good 5 miles until it turned off. My car was parked outside when it was raining but it stopped when i left and the road was wet. I read about it in the manual book and it said that if its blinking then its currently functioning but if it stays on then it may be malfunctioning and i need to bring to the dealer or something.

http://www.csedan.com/images/books/4542/1/parsin188.gif

Has this happen to anyone or does anyone kno anything about this?

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I have had this happen multiple time to my speed. It comes on for about 10 miles then goes away. I just ignore it. I don't know why it does it. It does it for no reason. Dry road, wet road, it doesn't matter. Just comes on periodically for no reason.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
i drive with it off all the time.....

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
yes, i almost never drive with the TCS on, this is the first car i have ever had it and i kinda don't like it. in the MS3 it causes lack of power in corner exit, heaven forbid if yank on the e-brake to induce oversteer because of soft oem RSB, it all but put an halt on my fun.

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
is it something i should bring to the dealership??
if stays on, and you want it working, then yes, take it to a dealer, as one of the wheel sensors could be not be working.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if stays on, and you want it working, then yes, take it to a dealer, as one of the wheel sensors could be not be working.
on that note i did bring my car this morning to discount tire to get my tire repaired from a nail. it was early this morning tho. My TCS icon turned on a few hours ago

I guess I'll bring it tomrw to get it checked out just to ease my mind

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
on that note i did bring my car this morning to discount tire to get my tire repaired from a nail. it was early this morning tho. My TCS icon turned on a few hours ago

I guess I'll bring it tomrw to get it checked out just to ease my mind
could be collateral damage from the nail. the digi-tool the dealer uses should find out real quick.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
could be collateral damage from the nail. the digi-tool the dealer uses should find out real quick.
should i tell the dealer that i had a nail repaired recently? It wasnt really repaired. they just took it out, it wasnt deep enough to repair. just a minor puncture.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
should i tell the dealer that i had a nail repaired recently? It wasnt really repaired. they just took it out, it wasnt deep enough to repair. just a minor puncture.
tell them NOTHING! :sneaky 1:

tell them it "all of a sudden" it stopped working. (if under warranty)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for everyones help!! I'll let y'all kno what the dealer says tomrw

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
What's Traction Control?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts