Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Save it

Votes: 13 31.7%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... I just got my Tax Return monies direct deposited :clap: and am having a hard time deciding what to do with it either buy Mods or roll it into my IRA. So I chose Mods! This is what I narrowed it down to! I might do more than one of them... don't know yet. So tell me what you think.. what would you do?

1. GT LED tail lights
  2. Get my RPF1's powder coated Anthracite or Gunmetal and 225-45-17 rubber
  3. Prokit and Koni's
  4. Custom Magnaflow exhaust by Hanksville Hotrods
  5. Buy the materials to build a 4-2-1 Header
  6. GPS DVD headunit w/7" screen

·
Registered
699 Posts
how much are the GT tail lights? I absolutely love them

·
Registered
477 Posts
pro-kits and konis. the only other one i liked was the header, but our ECU is too sensitive to mod with...especially with a lack of a tuning device

·
Registered
856 Posts
I bought the PF01's with mine. Used my Xmas bonus to get a pro-kit and yellows.

I say go for the suspension for sure.

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts.com $211.43 each +shipping

Ok so far Its looking like Prokit/ Koni Yellows or the Custom Exhaust.

·
D/A
328 Posts
I voted Pro-kit/Koni. Get to learn the springs, since they're progressive, before screwing around on public roads.

pro-kits and konis. the only other one i liked was the header, but our ECU is too sensitive to mod with...especially with a lack of a tuning device
Actually, if you have the 2.0, there's quite a bit of info out there. We share the same engine as the previous models. I know protegegarage has a re-flash from DPTune/ Piasini and CP-E has a standback. Opens doors for power in the 2.0.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I say save it and wait till some bigger companies come up with some stuff, we are coming out of the recession so the performance auto parts industry should start picking back up

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I voted Pro-kit/Koni. Get to learn the springs, since they're progressive, before screwing around on public roads.

Actually, if you have the 2.0, there's quite a bit of info out there. We share the same engine as the previous models. I know protegegarage has a re-flash from DPTune/ Piasini and CP-E has a standback. Opens doors for power in the 2.0.
Last time I checked DPTune was close to having the Flash for the 2.5 ready also :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Unfortunately I had to pay taxes...but I did order the HID kit and alu pedals from DDM regardless :thumbup 1:

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
Pro-kit and Koni's Definitely!!!:clap:

been eying on them for about a month now.. still don't know where should I have them installed...

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Do it yourself. It's not that hard!

·
The One and Only
3,581 Posts
Last time I checked DPTune was close to having the Flash for the 2.5 ready also :)
Yea, I got a e-mail the other day that they had a beta version and should release a flash in a few weeks.

Oh and I voted for the koni's and prokit.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
Suspension for sure!

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
Do it yourself. It's not that hard!
I really want to BUT no experience in doing such things.. and got NO TOOLS available to do those kind stuff..:eek:hsnap 1:

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
Pro-kit and Koni's Definitely!!!:clap:

been eying on them for about a month now.. still don't know where should I have them installed...
js4kix.

i say GT tails, only because that's like something extra only us enthusiasts would catch. i'd purchase something extra with no power gain with extra money (i.e. tax return) aside from my regular income.. but that's just me.

·
Newb... =)
745 Posts
^^^ they don't do alignments. Might go with leafracing 'cause they're cheaper.. checked Tirerack and they will have the pro-kit and koni's by May.. probably just in time for our Mazdafest..

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
^^^ they don't do alignments. Might go with leafracing 'cause they're cheaper.. checked Tirerack and they will have the pro-kit and koni's by May.. probably just in time for our Mazdafest..
seriously? i could've sworn they did.. but yeah, leafracing is legit too. i would've recommended them second if for some reason js4kix couldn't do it. lol

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
js4kix.

i say GT tails, only because that's like something extra only us enthusiasts would catch. i'd purchase something extra with no power gain with extra money (i.e. tax return) aside from my regular income.. but that's just me.
Already on order :clap:...... placed my order last night at about midnight through www.parts.com $211.43 each Ouch! still have enough left for most of the price of Koni/ Prokit, or get rims powder coated and new tires.... :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts