2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i do it....

i would really like to save the money and just get 17 so i can stick with the brand new tires ialready have.
i will be lowering 1.75.

think it would still look sick? all be on custom white xxr 530's

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
While 18's look better in my opinion, 17's are the way to go. Best compromise of light weight, tire costs, and wheel protection(larger sidewalls for more cushion against potholes and such) all while looking good.

·
Fighter of Foo
187 Posts
me no like large sidewalls.. hahahaha thanks!
Then go with 18's. What do you want us to tell you to do? I'm pretty sure you have a pre-conceived notion in your mind with what you want....so just tell us to reinforce that so you can feel good about your purchase.

What do you want more? 17" or 18"? Just tell us so we can tell you what you want to hear.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I got 16"s because I'm cheap. Tires are so much cheaper. And the wheels are lighter. I honestly don't think the 55 profile 16"s are that big either. I just need to lower the car.

·
Registered
655 Posts
i like my 18's

·
Registered
170 Posts
Screw 18s. just get 24s. Duh.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts
i wanted to be convinced to 17 lol. only because i dont want to have to buy new tires -_- hahaha
Hankook*Ventus V12 evo K110

Set of 4 is $460+shipping(between $50 and $80 or so to ship).

What else you can buy with $500: More mods for you car, lots of trips to the gas station, a very fancy dinner for 2-4, lots of beer/booze, a hooker for a day, the list is endless....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my new tires right now are on the stock 17s. no stretch or nything but when i get new rims is there a certain size i can get that way the tires can be a little stretched.. dot know if im making any sence

1 - 13 of 13 Posts