2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Mazda3 sedan with all the light options:LED headlights, LED daytime running lights (DRL), LED fog lights and LED taillights, including Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH), High Beam Control (HBC), Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS) and of course auto-light control.
With the switch position in AUTO during the day the DRLs are on, but the taillights are still off. The taillights are only switched on by the auto light function when it's dark

Now, I want the taillights to be always on with the switch position in AUTO. So, along with the DRL during the day and along with the headlights in the dark. In that way I can leave the switch in AUTO and always have lights front and back.

Sure, I can leave the switch in ON to have the taillights on, but I want to use advanced lighting options which are mostly only active in AUTO. Also I like the looks of the DRL which are off in the ON position and turning the switch every time is not something I want when I have auto-light control.

Why? Sometimes when it's just not dark enough for the auto-light control to switch to on, even with the sensitivity setting in Light, I think the DRL is sufficient for front lighting but having no lights in the back worries me, especially because my car is dark blue and may be poorly vissible. Same for rainy days. I know VAG (Volkswagen, SEAT, Audi, Skoda) even switch the lights on when the auto-wiper sensors are activated, a feature I wish the Mazda had.

I already looked in the settings, the manual and all possible adjustments in ASbuilt from the thread, but I couldn't find this option.

So my question is: how to make the taillights always on with the switch position in AUTO?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Maybe with the ASBuilt of a car from Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Czech Republic, Serbia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey or Iceland we could modify the Light functions since on this country it's obligatory to have it's Lights on.

So Imo, in Auto, taillights and DRL are on

1 - 2 of 2 Posts