2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taillight Vinyl red tint

Hi. I just bought a 2011 Mazda3 i sport today and looking to change up the look a lil.

I really want to make my whole taillight red like the SEMA mazda3's.

Have any used these b4? Tail Light Tint Mazda Mazda3 Sedan 2010 - 2011

or any other ones? Please post up pics or post any opinions. Thanks alot!

·
Registered
191 Posts
the only bad thing about rvinyl is that its pre cut and you might need more vinyl to fully wrap the taillight.

I would suggest going to get it done or you can by a roll of vinyl. . . just incase you mess up

I got it done by a pro and he re did my right one 3 times! so you might want to get a decesant amount of vinyl

·
Registered
191 Posts

i got 35% smoked out and this is how it looks like at night

·
Registered
107 Posts
I would like to do the same thing, but with the hatch, and the only real problem I see with this is the fact that most of the reds are too light, and I haven't seen any smoked reds. Has anyone worked with this site before?

Nice car m3speed :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would like to do the same thing, but with the hatch, and the only real problem I see with this is the fact that most of the reds are too light, and I haven't seen any smoked reds. Has anyone worked with this site before?

Nice car m3speed :)

But the one from SEMA has normall red tint it looks darker b/c of the actuall tail light

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
I don't see red, in for sunlight pics, shit looks black. UPDATE :argh 1:

·
Registered
292 Posts
That's because his are black! I think the picture and comment was to reinforce the idea that "yes, these tail lights are hard as hell to wrap" lol.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just did mine yesturday and my emblems here a picture of how my car looks at night

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks sharp! Whats with the little circle below and to the right of the Mazda logo. I don't remember a key-hole being there :eek:hmy 1:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Looks sharp! Whats with the little circle below and to the right of the Mazda logo. I don't remember a key-hole being there :eek:hmy 1:
Thank you and yea the I models have the key hole -__-

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's because his are black! I think the picture and comment was to reinforce the idea that "yes, these tail lights are hard as hell to wrap" lol.
LMFAO basiclly took the words out of my mouth regardless you should get a pro to do the lights

·
Registered
191 Posts
go for the roll b/c you will mess up im sure of it, the guy who did mine is a pro and he redid them three times and just one tail light. overall its better to get the roll so you can tint out other stuff like the third brake light and the reflectors on the bumper and you can even do eyelids if you like

with the pre cut if you dont do it right it shrinks and you have to strech it as much as you can before it rips, you might even come up short on some parts.

·
Registered
323 Posts
LMFAO basiclly took the words out of my mouth regardless you should get a pro to do the lights
Naww I don't need a pro for wat lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Naww I don't need a pro for wat lol
I bet the quality and brightness of your lights w/ VHT "DOES NOT" compare to vinyl

and w/ the vht you have to sand w/ a fine sand paper just so the paints sticks!

Vinyl protects your lights and against uv rays and any day you want to change to anything diffrent you could.

VHT once you do it, thats that, theres no going back if you did it to dark or if you dripped
its not worth it w a new car like the mz3

JUST SAYING

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found a place locally professional tinting place that does it for around 60 to 70 bucks

Should I get it done? Do it myself? (keep in mind that i am totally in-experience in tint and prob gunna mess up at least once) or keep it stock?

I am thinking of going next satuday and getting them tinted all red. I have a white mz3. any inputs , or opinions?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I found a place locally professional tinting place that does it for around 60 to 70 bucks

Should I get it done? Do it myself? (keep in mind that i am totally in-experience in tint and prob gunna mess up at least once) or keep it stock?

I am thinking of going next satuday and getting them tinted all red. I have a white mz3. any inputs , or opinions?
Nawww man do it your self is fun and easy =]

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Easy if you have a sedan. Not so much if you have a hatch because of the sharp corners.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Easy if you have a sedan. Not so much if you have a hatch because of the sharp corners.
We'll its kinda easy and fun lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
thats cheap bro. i say go ahead. mine costed $180 to get done :blush 1: they are awesome though:yes:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts