2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Discovered tonight that one of my taillight bulbs burnt out, so I was thinking of replacing both with LED bulbs. I was thinking of the Lumen PlaZma bulbs from CARID found here

Lumen® - Mazda 3 2010-2013 Tail Light LED Bulbs

and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them or could rec a different brand

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Hey everyone! Discovered tonight that one of my taillight bulbs burnt out, so I was thinking of replacing both with LED bulbs. I was thinking of the Lumen PlaZma bulbs from CARID found here

Lumen® - Mazda 3 2010-2013 Tail Light LED Bulbs

and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them or could rec a different brand

Thanks!
I bought a pair of these bad boys and they are awesome!! Many other good options though. Cree LEDs may be even brighter but not sure.
DDM Tuning: HID and LED Lighting

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yah, it looks like the PlaZma are CREE LEDs

Lumen - Comparison
well there ya go :thumbup1 1:
I picked up the Samsung because they are already a huge upgrade/improvement from stock and was a direct bulb swap with no issues. I've read about needing resistors and all to avoid flickering with other bulbs but have seen pics of the Cree's and they look very bright.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Order placed. I'll post up pics when they are in.

Yah, I've heard about resistance issues in the turn signals, but I read that the Lumens have resistors built in or something. At any rate the bulb size is the same, so I might put them in the turn signals to check to see if I have to put in a resistor when I eventually replace those

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bulbs came in last night. Popped them in, they fit and look great. Pic is below. I also tested them in the turn signals and no hyperblink at all. They're a little pricey at $25/each but you get what you pay for

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much brighter do you think these are.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Spec wise they are around the same lumen output as stock, but they appear a little brighter in the assembly itself. Maybe because of the color temp (stock looked around 4300k and these are 6500-7500k)?

For what it's worth, they throw more light around in the interior of the car (ie, out of the tailight and just hanging off the wire)

But the best part? Never going to have to replace them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts