2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 iSport hatchback which had the tail lights switched to red 7440 LED's two months ago.

Recently, I discovered that the right tail light was out, so I figured the LED died. I switched it back to the factory bulb and it was working for a day before I noticed that the brake light does not go on (the bulb lights up with headlights on, but it does not go bright when the brake is depressed). So troubleshooting, I did the following:

1. Switched right tail bulb to the working LED - it wasn't the wiring that was broken.
2. Switched the bulb to the other working factory one - it worked for a few hours on the road before it died like the other one (braking does not make it bright)

I'm not sure what the problem is. I haven't changed anything else other than interior lights to LED's and everything else works fine (dash, front headlights/fogs, interiors, horn).

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:

The bulbs weren't burning out. I tried again under better lighting and the factory bulbs both work perfect, but the original LED is still dead.
I've doubled checked all turn signals as well, and they all work with tail lights both off and on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Right side brake light is still out. I'll be taking it into the dealer to find out the problem, but won't be until next Tuesday.

Others have said to check the wiring and fuse, and some others said it may be a wiring issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts