2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the forum and can't find a recent answer to this.

I have a 2015 Mazda3 i grand touring (I think) and need to updgrade my phone. I went through a huge hassle last time trying to find a phone that was compatible with my car. Now the website make you search via dropdown for each individual phone. It seems no recent Android phones work, and on the T-mobile site there are only newer version. It seems the most recent (that I can tell) Samsung option from Mazda is the S6, and the oldest offered from T-mobile is the S7. I've only found negative information about any Apple product with the car, and I don't particularly want an Apple product anyway.

1. Does Mazda actually update the compatibility page?
2. If you have a phone that actually works in your car, what is it?

·
Registered
156 Posts
The issue is that whoever is doing Mazda's system hasn't tested it with the newer versions of Android. I can tell you first hand that they definitely have issues with Android 7. I have pairing issues about every two days that at first require toggling the BT off and on, then after about a day of that I have to reboot my phone and just yesterday, I finally had to unpair and repair my phone to the car. (And that was quite the fight in its own right.) I also had to jump through A LOT of hoops the first time I paired my phone with the car. Phone didn't even see the car for a good hour. I can see and pair with my Fitbit, Android Wear watch, Sony headphones, and two BT speakers just fine so I know it isn't the phone. People need to start vocalizing to Mazda to get on top of their system. We are long past the days that you can put something together and just sit back and expect it to work until the next remodel of the car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No issues here on an HTC m8 or ZTE axon 7 running marshmallow or nougat

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

·
Complete Idiot
10 Posts
I've had major issues with Motorola Moto X. However, my son has a OnePlus3 and it's solid. the fiancee's Samsung S6 is also fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a nexus 6p that has the latest version of android(7.1.2) and it works fine. Once in a while i have to turn off and on the bluetooth of the phone to get it to pair but i had that same issue in my old car(2011 Hyundai) as well so i can't say that's related to the Mazda.

Of course i haven't tried it for music since i put my tunes on a USB key anyway but i have tried using online music services and such and that worked as well as texts and such.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts