2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome to my NEW build thread for my brand new 2013 Liquid Silver MazdaSpeed 3!

6/15/13
Well I had been thinking about trading in my 2012 Mazda 3 iTouring for a Speed 3 and yesterday I decided to stop at the dealership where I bought my 2012 to look at a 2013 that they had on the showroom floor. I worked with the same salesman this time around also so it was pretty easy.

I originally went in wanting to just test drive and see what they would give me for me car and so forth... what I didn't know is that I would be driving off the lot in a brand new Liquid Silver Speed 3!

Here is what my 2012 looked liked...

Before I had even drove the Speed 3 off the lot, I had already switched the radios between the cars, all the interior bulbs since I had LEDs in the Sky, took out the subwoofer, took out the Ultraguage, took out the radar, and switched a majority of the engine bay covers since the Sky had red ones.

I am having to go back to the dealer sometime this week and take all of the factory parts that I have like wheels, exhaust, springs, etc etc. and finish the swap. Everything that I have done to the car is being undone so that I can keep the aftermarket parts and then sell them on my own, and so the dealer can have a pretty stock car...

2013 Liquid Silver MazdaSpeed 3, has the graphite wheels, side view mirror covers, and the bottom portion of the wing. Love this color and cannot wait to do a little customizing to it.

Here is the engine bay as it is on 6/15/13

Here is the interior, can already tell I have switched the radios and now have the Pioneer in the car.

The salesman let me keep the engine cover from the SkyActiv since I had painted it red... going to hang it on the wall in the garage as a little memorial for my first car.

6/22/13
Proposed to my girlfriend under full moonlight on Pensacola Beach and she said YES...

6/25/13
Installed BaysonR Window Rain Visors

Installed Black Lug Nuts

6/29/13-6/30/13
Removed the badges and did some painting along with doing the Evil M.
I had a can of Graphite Mica that I was going to use to paint the eyelids I ordered a long time ago, so I decided to paint the emblems the same color as the rest of my cars accents!

Then decided to plasti dip the hood scoop, I don't know if I like this or not yet...

Also did a paint job on the interior trim pieces, did not like all the silver, so went with a gloss black.

Finally for all you guys out there that did the rear plasti dip on their bumpers, I didn't have to worry about that, but I did replace the rear red reflectors with the CorkSport Smoked LED ones, they are wired to be extra blinkers, really helps to make the rear look nice with no more of those red reflectors.

7/6/13
I did a double layer of Yellow Smoke Vinyl on the fog lights along with creating some eyelids with plasti dip, they are temporary as I want to paint match my CorkSport eyelids that I have.
Also installed the CorkSport Plate Relocate.

- - - To Do List - - -
- Stage 1 -
Cobb AccessPort - Ordered 7/4/13
Get HPFH Fuel Internals
Get a Intake and TIP

- Stage 2 -
Downpipe
CBE
FMIC
BPV

- Transmission -
RMM
SSP
Shift Knob

- Suspension -
Lowering Springs
James Barone RSB
Deeper lip wheels

- Miscellaneous -
Hella Horn Upgrade - Completed 6/25/13
Do another layer of tint on rear half of car
Redo License Plate Tow Hook install - Completed 7/6/13
Replace bumper insert to get rid of the license plate holes - Completed 6/26/13
Replace lugnuts with black ones - Completed 6/25/13
Paint brake calipers
Redo CS Rear LED Reflector - Completed 6/29/13
Redo the subwoofer install
Redo the Radar hardwire - Completed 6/16/13
Paint and install CorkSport Eyelids
Paint Interior Trim Pieces - Completed 6/29/13
Possibly vinyl wrap the roof
VG Sharkfin Antenna
Rally Armor Mud Flaps - Received 7/8/13

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Welcome to the darkside. :beerchug 1:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Congrats on the speed and nice start on to do list. Better be active more on this forum now!

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the darkside. :beerchug 1:
Thanks man! Where in Florida are you located? I am headed to Fort Walton/Pensacola this coming weekend.

Congrats. That's neat they let you keep the engine cover. Happy modding
Yep, the salesman is pretty awesome, he helped me swap the radios and helped to take out all my stuff. I am going to try and see if he will let me take the emblems I had on it, they are all painted flat black so the dealer has to change them out anyways.

Congrats on the speed and nice start on to do list. Better be active more on this forum now!
Thanks man and I will be, I will definitely be more active on here.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I'm all the way south in Boca Raton. Basically 20 minutes north of Fort lauderdale.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm all the way south in Boca Raton. Basically 20 minutes north of Fort lauderdale.
Ah, nevermind.

Got a pretty good amount of stuff done today and finished up some stuff from yesterday.

Hope I can work on it some more tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Ah snap I'll be right near you when I move down there!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Cool, we'll get together. When are you coming down?

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Cool, we'll get together. When are you coming down?
Hopefully within the end of July! Sorry for thread jacking continue on!

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here are some updates!

A good friend of mine bought my SkyActiv last Wednesday!!! He is going to pay me for all my parts that I put on it...
So expect a good amount of mods coming to the Speed3!

I just drove the Speed to Pensacola Beach and back over the weekend so it now has over 1500 miles on it... lol
It was a great trip and was really fun getting on some interstate and going WOT a couple of times.

Here are some things I did today after work.
Installed new Bayson R Window Rain Visors

Replaced the stock chrome Lugs with some new Black lugs! I just need to paint the center cap now...

Side note on 6/22/13, proposed to my girlfriend, and she said YES!!! It will be a while before a marriage or anything as I am going to finish school first, and she loves my car as much as I do, so she knows she cannot tell me what to do or not to do with it lol... at least I hope so...

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
CONGRATS!!!:rock 1::banana 1::beerchug 1:

Just curious but this isn't the same one you mentioned a long time ago is it? LOL
Boy lots of marriages going on lately lol

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CONGRATS!!!:rock 1::banana 1::beerchug 1:

Just curious but this isn't the same one you mentioned a long time ago is it? LOL
Boy lots of marriages going on lately lol
Thanks!

Negative, not the same one, find me on Facebook man, add me.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updates from the Weekend!

Removed the badges and did some painting along with doing the Evil M.
I had a can of Graphite Mica that I was going to use to paint the eyelids I ordered a long time ago, so I decided to paint the emblems the same color as the rest of my cars accents!

Then decided to plasti dip the hood scoop, I don't know if I like this or not yet...

Also did a paint job on the interior trim pieces, did not like all the silver, so went with a gloss black.

Finally for all you guys out there that did the rear plasti dip on their bumpers, I didn't have to worry about that, but I did replace the rear red reflectors with the CorkSport Smoked LED ones, they are wired to be extra blinkers, really helps to make the rear look nice with no more of those red reflectors.

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
Your MS3 looks sick so far! I like the reflector/ blinker mod. What was the drop on your skyactive?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your MS3 looks sick so far! I like the reflector/ blinker mod. What was the drop on your skyactive?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks man! I have some big plans in store for it, just slow progress, have parts and pieces piling up in the garage as I can only work on it on the weekends really.

The drop on the Sky was Road Magnet 1.25" springs, I am already looking at getting the Speed3 Springs from Road Magnet, just haven't decided if I want to or not.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts