2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally decided to create one of these so that I can keep up with upgrades and such to the car, I will post anything I upgrade or add, along with any good pictures I take of the car.

You can also follow me on Instagram - stvnsmmns
I am also on the M3R FB group as Steven Simmons

Cars theme and name is Vader (Darth Vader) - I have blacked out as much as possible and only doing the colors black, flat black, red, and carbon fiber.

Bought a brand new 2012 Mazda 3 5Door iTouring with Tech Package from Hiley Mazda of Hurst, Texas back in March.

First picture that I took of the car, pretty much after this picture I removed the dealer plate frames and so forth.

Installed the CorkSport LED Kit this night, also a must upgrade for any Mazda

Had looked at different stereos and so forth before I bought it so I had already ordered and had already picked up my Pioneer AVH-P4400BH DVD Receiver.

Literally two days after I purchased the car, I had the dash apart and installing the stereo with the help of a friend.

Next order of business was to install the CorkSport LED Reflectors, same friend that helped me with the stereo helped me with this install also, these have now been rewired to only be extra blinkers.

Blacked out the badges with Flat Black Kyrlon Fusion

Replaced all my exterior bulbs with LED bulbs and added switchbacks to my front headlights.

I then decided to black out the taillights, this has since been removed. I didn't like the look after a while.

Got some Carbon Fiber vinyl to try out so did some work on the interior silver trim pieces.

After this point, I pretty much lose all track on when I did certain upgrades so this is just what else has been done.

Installed HIDs, did the Horn Upgrade and painted the reflectors flat black.

Installed the OEM Fog lights and switched the bulbs to LED

Installed the CorkSport SRI and painted engine covers and others with Gloss Red Kyrlon Fusion

Installed a James Barone Racing RSB, Awesome upgrade!!!

Rewired the Fog Lights to be DRL and installed the CorkSport Plate Relocate Bracket.

Was finally able to order and install some BaysonR Window Visors

Installed the CorkSport Exhaust with Racepipe on 10/12/12

Got my wheels and tires on 10/19/12 and installed the same day by Discount Tire.
Painted the brake calipers red that night. Next day Chavy drove down from Dallas and helped me install the Road Magnet 1.25" drop springs.

Things that I don't have pictures for...
Ultragauge
Broadway Mirror
Hardwired and Mikes Mount for Beltronics Radar
Grounding Kit

- - - To Do List In No Order - - -
Finish Grounding Kit
Build and finish custom Grenade Shifter
Paint and install CorkSport Eyelids
RM 1.25" Drop Springs - Ordered on 9/29/12 - Delivered 10/4/12 - Installed 10/20/12
CorkSport Exhaust with Racepipe - Ordered 10/2/12 - Delivered 10/8/12 - Installed 10/12/12
Tenzo DC-5 17x7 in Matte Black & wrapped in Continental DWS (215/45) Ordered 10/12/12 - Delivered 10/19/12 - Installed 10/19/12
Paint Calipers Red Done 10/19/21
Shift Boot, Hand Brake boot, and armrest cover
VG Sharkfin Antenna
Finish Vinyl on Interior
Possible add a 12" Kicker sub and amp in hatch
MazdaSpeed wing

TRADED IN THE CAR FOR A 2013 SPEED3!

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Damn, it looks good. Are the turning signal lights also white LED? Or do they turn yellow when used?

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, it looks good. Are the turning signal lights also white LED? Or do they turn yellow when used?
The fronts are white LEDs but when you do a turn signal they turn amber and blink amber until you turn them off.

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
That looks so much better. How much are those/where to buy? (Not to directly steal from you, but... well... I kind of want to :p )

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That looks so much better. How much are those/where to buy? (Not to directly steal from you, but... well... I kind of want to :p )
I bought them from Autolumination.com
Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

They are called the Switchback about 3/4 of the way down, and I got the 60 LED Amber-White (AO).

Darth is looking good so far! I had noticed on one of your other posts the "My car is Luke's Dad" under your name, made me lol.
Thanks, and yep the only thing I have in my car Vader related is a Darth Vader Lego Keychain...

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
Are those the tinted led reflector replacements? And what did u tint ur tails with? Niteshade?

Looks sick I'm excited

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks great! Look forward to seeing more!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Where did you get your Carbon Fiber vinyl? And was it difficult putting it on? I hope it's not as bad as trying tint your own windows like my dad tried doing, what a nightmare that was... :thumbdown 1:

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my first roll from Autolumination.com

I just got another roll that I bought from SimCarbon off of Amazon.

Vinyl is very easy to work with, if you don't like the position it can peel right back off without any residue left.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Awesome job Steven! Its funny how all of the sudden all the senior people and newbies are creating build threads! Love it

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys, RM Springs are in and I plan to install them next weekend.

Exhaust was last in Colorado with UPS and will be here on Monday, going to have an awesome install weekend next weekend!

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exhaust got delivered today, so this coming weekend is going to be a fun weekend of working on the car, I have a huge list of stuff to do.

Also, I got a little something extra thrown in with my Exhaust order, doubt many people have one of these... Will put up pictures when I can, exhaust is at the grandparents and wont be going there till later this week.

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Exhaust is going on this weekend, will have a nice chair to sit in when I want to take a break.

Springs are being pushed back till the 20th, decided to take the car in on Monday to have warranty work done to see what is wrong with the rear shocks and why they make so much noise before I put in the new springs.

Went today to Discount Tire to get pricing on the Tenzo DC5 and I may go by there tomorrow and order them. Only one set left in the country apparently according to Discount Tire, and if I order now I will have them in by the time I go to Austin, and may have them in for when I lower the car...

·
My car is Luke's father
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Exhaust has been installed and man does it sound good!

Will post some pictures and will try to do a video of it tomorrow.

Stopped by Discount Tire today and ordered the last set in the country as of today of Tenzo's DC-5 17x7 in matte black, going to wrap them in Continental ExtremeContact DWS 215/45/17

1 - 20 of 37 Posts