2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to find a quick way to make my Center outlet turn on only when the car is on.

Apparently the Wiring for the Front outlet goes through a relay and turns on only when the Car is on.

Wiring Diagram from manual:

As you can see, both the front and Center outlet Socket go through the front fuse box, but the front outlet is powered from the ACC Relay, so it is only on when the car is on.

What I want to do is switch the gray wire into the spot where the purple wire would be so that the light green relay wire is where it gets power from.

Here is a diagram of the Back of the Fuse Block:

Fuse Block front side Reference:

Picture of my Fuse Block with a mirror so you can see the back of the wires:

In the mirror you can see the Gray wire under the Big Thick Brown wire, from the diagram I'm assuming this is the "GY" being referred to at F5, this Gray wire as well as all the others I believe are powered by a white wire that goes into the fuse block at the top.

Can I simply remove the fuses, then take out the Gray wire, and remove the Violet wire at F11, and then Put the Gray wire in to where the Violet wire was?

The fuse ratings are the same, and looking at the wiring diagram, I'm assume this would be the correct wire to switch?

Will the wires even come out easily? or are the difficult to remove?

Thanks... :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is the power outlet in front of the shifter, yes?

Can you take a picture of that and post it here? I've got an sGT on order and they don't come with one up there so I thought I might ask the dealer to install one.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
This is the power outlet in front of the shifter, yes?

Can you take a picture of that and post it here? I've got an sGT on order and they don't come with one up there so I thought I might ask the dealer to install one.
I've posted this procedure before. It is the same as hardwiring any accessory. I've not only hardwired a radar detector this way but also another outlet under the driver's side dash. See here:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...nics/39066-rewiring-power-outlet-console.html

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can wire one, that really isn't too bad. I was just looking for a picture of where in the center console someone might have mounted one. Thought one of the M3's had a power outlet ahead of the shifter. Or maybe I assumed it since it has what appears to be the wiring for it.

Anyone have a picture of a power outlet in a 2014 that is installed ahead of the gear shifter?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I was gunna go ahead and just plug the grey wire in to where the violet wire was, but its not long enough to reach down to the bottom.

Here is a pic:

That metal thing is half of what holds the fuse and it came out pretty easy after I moved the plastic latch holding it in place.

Can I buy one of these metal things that is crimped on the end of the wire at Pepboys or Advanced Auto? I'm thinking I'm just gunna extend the wire by crimping it to another wire and covering it with electric tape, then inserting the extension into the purple slot....

That is a close up pic of the metal thing I wanna buy.... I hope Pepboys has it... :wacko:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts