2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I've been looking at some videos of people with Switchback turn signals from V-LEDS.com and I thought they would look really good. So I will probably buy some but I have some questions first:

1) What type of bulb does the 2010 Mazda3 (i Touring) use for the front turn signals? I looked up the bulb type and it says "7444NA" but I can't seem to find that type on V-LED's. Is there one close enough that it will fit?

2) What type of resistors do I need to get to prevent the hyper blink?

3) Is there anything else I need to know about installing these or is it pretty much just plug and play?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
68 Posts
1) I think all the bulbs for the mazda are the same for the front turn signal and the bulb I have on my grand touring is a 7443 so that should work also you can take the bulb out to check what kind it is.

2) On the V-Leds website they have the resistors you need and you will need the 6ohm and you probably want the mounting plates to i heard they get hot but honestly the hyperflash is not that bad.

3) Its pretty much plug and play unless you get the resistors then there is abit more to it.

Reactions: becandl

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sweet, thanks for the info guys!

So if you are absolutely sure that the 7443 bulbs and 6 ohm resistors are what I need for my 2010 3 i Touring, then I will go ahead and pull the trigger on these and let you know how they turn out. Just to make sure I am buying the right things, can you guys check these out for me?

Here is the link to the bulbs: V-LEDS TYPE 2 DUAL COLOR CHANGING HID WHITE AMBER SWITCHBACK 48 M-SMT PARKING/TURN SIGNAL BULBS 7443 7443NA

And here is the link to the resistors: 6 OHM 50W 2 BULB LED LOAD EQUALIZER RESISTORS TURN SIGNAL BLINKER FIX WITH MOUNTING PLATES

Will there be any wiring I need to do other than wiring the load resistors in there? I will have to look up how I replace these bulbs, hopefully I don't have to tear apart the whole bumper to get these in. Thanks again guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is no extra wiring besides the resistors all you need to do to change the lights is reach under your headlight and twist out the light, no removing any parts.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yes, there is a difference between the 7444NA and the 7443NA, one is a dual filament, while the other is a single filament.
The front uses the dual type, one for the parking light and the other for the turn signal, if you put a single type in the front you'll lose either the parking light or the turn signal..probably the parking light. The rear turn signal on our cars are single fliament for turn signal only
Checking your link, this is the corect type as they are dual color but as it states the parking light will be white rather then amber...which is pretty cool...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the one I linked is the correct type then and I will have no issues using it?

·
Registered
295 Posts
You should be good...when you turn on your parking lights the lamp is white instead of amber but when you turn on your turn signal they will flash amber.
If you are still not sure send V-LEDS an email and see what they say.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds perfect. I went ahead and pulled the plug. I will post up some pics as soon as I install them, thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
732 Posts
rear brake lights will not need resistors, rear turn signal lights will. I have replaced my rear brake lights and backup lights with LED bulbs and have had no issues.

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
See my post HERE for anything you need to know about the switchbacks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I got the lights and they are awesome! But I'm having a small problem. I got the drivers side light in just fine but I can't get the passenger side light in. There isn't enough room to reach around in the engine bay and I can't figure out how to get the wheel well plastic cover off. I may just be stupid but how am I supposed to get this off? I have unscrewed the screws and I'm trying to pry it off but I can't figure it out. Anyone have any step by step instructions on how to do this? I can't find anything on Google, haha. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never mind I figured it out. I will have a video/pics up soon, they are awesome and look sweet! Now I'm thinking I should replace the rear turn signal bulbs. If I replaced the rear turn signal bulbs, would I need another resistor for those as well or does the one 50 resistor (on each turn signal in the front) take care of that?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well I got the lights and they are awesome! ...
Did you order resistors with them too? If so, where did you mount them?

I would love to install these switchbacks, but it seems like there's a lot of screwing around to get them working right.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you order resistors with them too? If so, where did you mount them?

I would love to install these switchbacks, but it seems like there's a lot of screwing around to get them working right.
Yes I did order the resistors (with mounting brackets), but I have not installed them yet. I will get to it this weekend, but right now I'm just dealing with the hyper flash. Getting them in really wasn't too hard at all in my opinion, you just unplug and twist and then put the new one in. Getting to the passenger side bulb was a bit trickier but I figured it out after some messing around. I will definitely put some videos up once I get around to it, I'm really happy with how they look.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pictures aren't the greatest but they give you a good idea what they look like.

Here's a video: http://youtu.be/ax_6XdCxqEA. Sorry about the hyper flash, I haven't installed the resistors yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ya'll should check out the switchbacks that www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs have. they're far superior to v-leds and are like $10 cheaper a bulb....the $30 bulbs have 60 leds from autolumination...i've ordered ALL my led lights through them..have been for 6 years now. They've pioneered these led bulbs..patented technology etc...i've never been let down and always get asked about 'em cuz they're always so much brighter than others. i have switchbacks, led turns in rear, led tails, led 3rd brake, and led backup lights. along with my interior...spent like $300 lmao i'll try to get picks but they're a cheaper/better alternative. they also do forum discounts so i'm not sure how we'd go about getting that setup but yeh..just wanted to throw my 2 cents in lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Their website layout is definitely not the greatest, but I might have to try them out. I've been trying to get lights from V-LEDs for the rear turn signals and brake lights and have had them on order for like 3 weeks and am just having trouble with them. Hopefully this all turns out well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I am curious to see what they look like in the DAY time, how conspicuous are they in full sumlight?
Can you post up a couple of daytime shots when you get the chance?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts