2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i always had the thought on why they made the tune knob so big. why is that not the volume knob? it would make more sense to be the volume knob. so i was wondering if anyone has done a switch the wires so the volume knob is the tune knob and the tune knob is the volume knob? because i was thinking of doing it.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Reactions: Rherold9

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah thats trues but some people are dumb and don't read and they try to go turn the tune knob for the volume it just makes sense to have the volume knob in the middle.
not to dis mazda and i love my mazda but for one why would they put the tune button in the middle and also make it huge it just can be confusing

·
Registered
292 Posts
I know what you mean. All my friends that get in my car reach for the tuning knob as if it's the volume only to find out that:

A. It doesn't turn up/down the volume
B. It changes the song that I was listening to (in which case I have to kick them the fuck out my car... you NEVER touch the stereo...):mad 1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats why i want to solve that problem and switch the wiring i think it would just make things so much easier and people won't change your song on you when they just wanted to make the car bump even louder it fucking changes the song i hate that

·
Registered
293 Posts
Seems like Mazda decided against making the radio interface user friendly. Simple is sometimes better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree that the volume and tune controls are a little backwards. I got my 3i Sport two weeks ago and my fiance and I have already had a discussion about Mazda's thinking with the radio and how it seems backwards esp. since I have the controls on the steering wheel.

I'm interested to see if there is a fix for it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I doubt there's a fix for it unless you open the entire unit up and do some desoldering/resoldering.
I wondered the same thing, why the F is the tune knob so big and dead center? Last year's 3 had the volume knob in the middle, why not this year??
Anyway, it should be a relatively simple job (if someone can open it up). Relabeling the face wouldn't be hard at all with come vinyl stickers.

·
Registered
655 Posts
that 2011 mazda 3 didn't have a volume knob in the center.... i'm confused here .....

·
Registered
779 Posts
I've had the though of swapping the volume control and the voice command buttons on the steering wheel. Same with the cruise control. Labels would still be correct and I could reach that little joystick with my thumbs while holding the wheel. Annoying, especially while my left hand is the only hand on the steering wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts