2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the switch blank next to the DSC button (to the left of the steering wheel)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should be able to open the fuse box to the left, and then pop it out from behind, at least that is how it worked for me on previous cars. I am not sure. Someone chime in and help me out!

I tried that, but there is not enough room to get/reach the blank. I even tried to use a long screw driver to push it out through the front, but it wouldn't budge and the whole console moved!!

·
A.K.A. - Zuma2010
900 Posts
Other than that, you could try pullling off the gauge pod, and then taht may free up some excess space. Im just talking trial and error here, which is how I usually learn, lol. Im sure other people have actually done it to this car, but I haven't had reason to yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than that, you could try pullling off the gauge pod, and then taht may free up some excess space. Im just talking trial and error here, which is how I usually learn, lol. Im sure other people have actually done it to this car, but I haven't had reason to yet.
Yeah...I would think someone has done it?? I am looking to put a momentary switch in the blank hooked up to my garage door opener. It's easy to do once you have the blank in hand! Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh nice, that sounds like a great idea! I would actually be down for that as well. I would want to put two programmable switches on mine, one for my gate (gated community), and one for my garage. THat would be absolutely Illmatic.
You might be able to put two on the blank...just depends upon how small the switches are!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts