Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Koni Yellow + Road Magnets Springs

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, have a 2011 mz3 and looking to upgrade the suspension and lowered it.
So, for better ride comfort and decent handling for a DD, which is the better option:

1. Koni Yellows + Road Magnets springs
2. Koni Yellows + Gen2 Prokits

Please chime in!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
You mean "for better handling with decent comfort", right? Because neither option will improve the comfort you have now :tongue:

Since you are effectively comparing just the springs, I'd think the prokits would be a little more comfortable than the 1.75" RM since the drop is milder. I'm just speculating, but if you were too feel a difference at all between your 2 choices, you MIGHT feel a rougher ride with the lower drop but I seriously doubt you'd feel a noticeable difference in handling.

If these are the 2 combos you're choosing between, your choice should simply be deciding how much drop you want, as comfort/handling differences would be negligible.

Hi, have a 2011 mz3 and looking to upgrade the suspension and lowered it.
So, for better ride comfort and decent handling for a DD, which is the better option:

1. Koni Yellows + Road Magnets springs
2. Koni Yellows + Gen2 Prokits

Please chime in!
Thanks!

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
I'd say save for coils with adjustable damping, they can ride just as nice as springs, and handle better.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
checking coilover prices, not bad. at around $1000 for bc and $1250 for h&r, it's not that much more than shocks and springs.

·
Aspiring Mad Scientist
1,716 Posts
The H&R's are most likely the best-riding coilover kit but it's still not going to feel as cushy as the stock car (which isn't cushy at all already). For a Speed3 I reckon the Swift spring kit paired with Koni FSD's will be the best comfy setup. It'll be more expensive than your original options but still cheaper than coilovers. The rest depends on whether or not you care about height adjustment, camber adjustment, damping adjustment for a sole daily driver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts