2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Sedan or Hatch?

41 - 60 of 335 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Interesting thought.... I know none of you are women, but do you see many chicks driving hb's where you live?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Interesting thought.... I know none of you are women, but do you see many chicks driving hb's where you live?
I've seen several women in first gen 3's, but I've not seen any second gen hatchbacks at all yet.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I've seen several women in first gen 3's, but I've not seen any second gen hatchbacks at all yet.
Funny because pretty much everyone who I see driving a 2010+ MZ3 (be it hatch or sedan) seems to be a middle aged woman. The previous gen I see younger people driving.

I bought an old lady car :( :(

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
From what I've seen in my area it is primarily females who drive the 4 door and males who drive the hatch. Every once in a while I see men drive the 4 door and women in the hatch but it is rare. This holds true for both gen 1 and gen 2 in charlotte, mooresville, huntersville, denver and concord, NC

·
Go Fast
222 Posts
Truth be told - When my wife drives she drives the 3 Hatch about 90% of the time. She does about 75 miles a day to/from school for my son and football (American football - there are no soccer mom's allowed in our house) or basketball practice. And although I am supposed to think she's hot (she is even after having our second boy 2 months ago) folks tell her she looks like a young Jaclyn Smith. So - yes there are chicks driving the new hatch here in SoCal. And they are hot.

·
Nie brykaj...
494 Posts
Here in northern Illinois I see alot of women driving the 1st gen and 2nd gen mazda sedans. I have seen a total, I shit you not, two hatches and one of them was a middle aged male driving. Hatchbacks not too popular around here... not yet

·
Registered
410 Posts
Here in Dallas, hatchbacks are pretty much driven by men, and sedans by women.

·
Continuous Party Member
563 Posts
Funny because pretty much everyone who I see driving a 2010+ MZ3 (be it hatch or sedan) seems to be a middle aged woman. The previous gen I see younger people driving.

I bought an old lady car :( :(
You're never too old to rock'n'roll ! If somebody pre-judges me by my wheels, then they are missing out on the complete package.....:yes:

Anyone who know anything about cars can't deny a Mazda.....

·
Registered
228 Posts
+1 sedan. I like the styling of both the hatch and the sedan. I just wish they would give both engine options for both and a MS3 sedan...I guess I'll have to make one

·
Smells of Elderberries
633 Posts
In my Neighborhood alone I have 2 Gen2's one hatch and one sedan,one Gen1 sedan and a Mazda6 and on the next block over a yellow P5. The Gen2 Sedan is driven by a middle aged man, the hatch by a middle aged women and the Gen1 3 and 6 are driven by women both in there mid 20's and the P5 buy a teen chick.... and then my car Gen2 3 hatch... All Man Baby!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sedan all the way for me. In my opinion the sedan is the one that looks sporty compared to the hatch. The rear tail lights of the hatch just never done it for mr.

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
Just saw a woman driving the 2010 charcoal grey 3S hatch on my way to work today. I'm just glad to be seeing them on the road period.
I know what you mean. I've finally started seeing more of these around the charlotte area. I used to feel like I was the only one

·
Mazda Newbie
29 Posts
Sedan all the way for me. In my opinion the sedan is the one that looks sporty compared to the hatch. The rear tail lights of the hatch just never done it for mr.
Sedan, I found it to be much more sporty looking than the hatch, so agreed.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hatch all the way ive needed the space and love the look the only fault i have is the bumper.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Same here. Hatch! Styling & practicality well balanced in one attractive package!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have MS3 hatch obviously, last car was vw gti (still have it). If MS3 was only in sedan, I would never buy it, would have gone with subaru wrx hatch :].

·
Registered
987 Posts
hatchback. all the sedans i see are 2.slow models

41 - 60 of 335 Posts