2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Sedan or Hatch?

321 - 335 of 335 Posts

·
Hoon Apprentice
113 Posts
I, personally, do not care for the sedans because the trunk looks too small in proportion to the nose IMHO. The Hatch looks a lot more athletic and sporty, and less like a cheap commuter, as all the other sub- $25k sedans commonly look/are like.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,493 Posts
The hatchback is just way sexier than the sedan. The rear of the hatch vs. the sedan makes the biggest difference with the exposed dual exhaust and contours. It makes it look sportier and more appealing.
CK

·
Banned
842 Posts
The Sedan is just way sexier than the Hatchback. The rear of the Sedan vs. the Hatchback makes the biggest difference with the exposed dual exhaust and contours. It makes it look sportier and more appealing.
CK
^^^^^ :thumbup 1:

:laugh2:

·
Banned
842 Posts
Yeah there is a good reason why the next generation 3 concept car isn't a 4 door rental fleet sedan....:laugh2:
oh ya ok , better it be a semi family wagon model vehicle then... hehehehehe!

I think it is fair to say that we all have our personal opinions between the 2 and they are both GOOD LOOKING MAZDA's!

>:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still not sure which I think is better looking (OK, 1st gen hb is probably the best). The hatch is definitely more interesting, more unique, and looks great from certain angles. But other times I look at its bulbous rear and think, "WTF was Mazda thinking?!?" I've been shopping the 3 for three years (seriously) and just can't pull the trigger, partially b/c of the odd looks (plus you can't get 2.5l + cloth).

I've never bought a sedan of any brand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
ZooM ZooM

Anyway U [email protected]@k At It Mazda's R a Gr8 Value 4 Your Money.

I Personally Drive A 2017 M3 HB ( Titanium Color ).
I've Previously Owned a 2012 HB and a 2016 HB. Love The Mazda 3 HB's >:)

·
Super Moderator
739 Posts
I went with the hatch.

·
Registered
720 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was going to get the sedan to save weight and the added security of a real trunk. But that ass on the hatch is so nice, and they had the a GT in the color i wanted and the right price.

Glad i did, i was able to move my parents from NC to CT with it. Was blown away with what i was able to fit in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
With the 3rd gen redesign i actually liked the sedan, before that i never cared for them. But I think the hatch is a better looking car all around

321 - 335 of 335 Posts