2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize if a topic like this already exists, but I did not see one.

I was curious to see what everyone else has and if there is any correlation.

1. Country:

-USA

2. Body style:

-Hatchback (5-door)

3. Trim level:

-s Touring

4. Date vehicle was manufactured (this can be found on the inside of the drivers door jamb):

-December 2013

5. Original OS version on infotainment system after purchasing vehicle:

6. Did/do you have any issues with your infotainment system with the original OS? If so, what problems did you experience?

-Problems I have experienced are the navigation sometimes failing to load, acting like there is no SDHC card inserted. I've also noticed the volume/sound quality of FM radio stations seems to fluctuate, primarily when the vehicle is moving. Wi-Fi signal strength seems to drop/vary when connected to my wireless router from my driveway whereas my phone has no issues connecting or maintaining a connection from the same location. Even when connected to Wi-Fi, the options for live traffic, etc. appeared to be grayed out and not selectable.

7. Current version of OS on infotainment system:

8. Did/do you have any issues with your infotainment system with your current OS? If so, what problems did you experience?

-N/A

9. Do you regularly use any type of USB devices (flash drive, smart phone, iPod, etc.) on the system? Do you remove these devices or keep them plugged in all the time? Have you experience any issues or limitations?

-I currently have nothing plugged into my USB ports. I did test each of them with a USB flash drive (32 GB) with around 5,000 MP3s and also an iPod classic 80 GB with around 13,000 MP3s. With my USB drive, I seemed to be stuck in a folder that kept repeating and I couldn't seem to cancel the repeat. It seemed like the iPod would always go back to the first track and not remember where it was left when the vehicle was powered off. I also read on the Mazda Connect website that you can supposedly use voice commands to play tracks via artist, title, etc. but this functionality isn't available for me.

10. Do you have a smart phone or any other device that you use either via Bluetooth or USB? If yes, what make, model, and OS do you have? How do you have it connected?

-I have an Apple iPhone 4 32 GB running iOS 7.1.1. I have it connected via Bluetooth so it pairs/connects each time the infotainment system is started.

11. If you use your smart phone via Bluetooth have you experienced any problems or limitations?

-I haven't done much calling but had no issues. I do receive text messages and they are read to me. I haven't really done much audio streaming via Bluetooth. I did test Pandora, Stitcher, and aha and they all seemed to work as expected.

12. Have you updated your SDHC navigation card using the Mazda Toolbox software? Have you upgraded your Gracenote database?

- I have upgraded both successfully without issues.

Feel free to add anything else of interest.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1. Country:

- USA

2. Body style:

- Sedan

3. Trim level:

- sGT

4. Date vehicle was manufactured (this can be found on the inside of the drivers door jamb):

- December 2013

- v27

6. Did/do you have any issues with your infotainment system with the original OS? If so, what problems did you experience?

- Black screen on startup, random reboots, navigation freezing

- v29

8. Did/do you have any issues with your infotainment system with your current OS? If so, what problems did you experience?

- Not yet anyway

9. Do you regularly use any type of USB devices (flash drive, smart phone, iPod, etc.) on the system? Do you remove these devices or keep them plugged in all the time? Have you experience any issues or limitations?

- iPhone nearly always plugged in, but for charging only. I don't use the USB for audio.

10. Do you have a smart phone or any other device that you use either via Bluetooth or USB? If yes, what make, model, and OS do you have? How do you have it connected?

- iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1 connected via USB (for charging) and Bluetooth (phone calls and audio)

11. If you use your smart phone via Bluetooth have you experienced any problems or limitations?

- No problems, but I would love to be able to voice reply to texts without having to fire up Siri.

12. Have you updated your SDHC navigation card using the Mazda Toolbox software? Have you upgraded your Gracenote database?

- Nav has been updated, Gracenote has not, no issues.

·
......KCCO......
102 Posts
1. Country:

-USA

2. Body style:

-Hatchback (5-door)

3. Trim level:

- i Grand Touring

- August 2013

- extreme lag, random reboots, blue screen of death (prohibited buttons from working too), the USB either doesn't work at all or is really slow and then crashes the system.

-See above

-I tripped my iPod and iPhone through USB and as I reported above it was either extremely slow and crashed the system or just didn't work at all. So I don't bother using them now although I wish I could.

-iPhone 5 iOS 7.1 connects via Bluetooth

- sometimes as the phone is pairing or right after it's done pairing when the car starts the system reboots

- no, have not used navigation at all so I have seen no point.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1. Country:

-USA

2. Body style:

-Hatchback (5-door)

3. Trim level:

-s Grand Touring

-Before March 2014

-No problems noted

-N/A

-No

-Samsung S4 4.4.2 Connected via Bluetooth

-Works fine

- No

Feel free to add anything else of interest.

Snappier menus would be nice, but no issues so far. Only at 900 miles.
Zoom - Zoom

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
So far, all of the people who have problems have iPhones. I'm on v25 with an early model and Android 4.1 and have absolutely no problems. I also use a USB drive for my music with no problems. The only people I've noticed with Android that have problems have Kit Kat or a defect regarding the TSB.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts