2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To my surprise and after almost 4 months of owning my car I discovered something I thought was not included in my car. So I began to search the forum for answers and stumbled across a couple of posts regarding people complaining about the lack of this tiny feature leading me to believe this option indeed was not included...but today and to my surprise I found out that there is a light on the glove box compartment!!!...:surprise:

It looks like the light only works when the Bi-Xenon Headlights are ON . Didn't check if it lights up too when the light knob is switch to Lights ON & Bi-Xenon light OFF (I believe is Off --> Auto---> Option I mentioned ---> Bi-Xenon Headlights ON) ,I will need to check on that...

So for those who have this tiny feature, do you know what is the type of bulb there?>:)
Now that I know there is a light there I would like to switch it for an LED bulb to match the entire interior look 0:)

So I guess the myth is over, there is a light in the glove box compartment, and of course this depends on the car's specific market, at least in the Israeli Market it is provided thank G-d...

Pictures attached

Attachments

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
Agh! So jealous! Was literally just looking into this last week with my other interior lighting excursions

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Chazzy J, I'm 100% positive that if anyone is able to find the specific part # for the glove box light that would be you lol. You pretty much have made the impossible--> possible in your car.

Now the interesting thing is that when I'm looking at the car manual (in Hebrew), it does not mention anything regarding the glove box compartment light or how to replace it, and when searching on the spare parts website of the official Mazda Supplier in Israel, it looks like the Glove Box Compartment is not the piece that support the light but instead is the upper frame compartment or perhaps even the dashboard lower panel, so here are the two part # which I think they are relevant to any future research:

BHN164260A02, listed in their website as Panel Lower Glove Box Frame
BHR164280A02, listed in their website as Panel Lower Dashboard Cover

May they bring you luck on your future Mods! And if you are able to to pull this on your car, then my friend, I will salute you forever :)

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
@Davidval18

Ha, you're too kind sir. Cheers

Based on your pics, I did check my car and the housing is there, but nothing is in it. I have a lighting project slated for a little later once I can determine some 2017 parts/wiring diagrams. The idea is to place a light in the glovebox and center console that will function by an on/off switch. I need to get my hands on some parts first before I can put it all together though. So far, I'm unable to find a 2017 parts guide. I imagine I'll be waiting until late 2017 before I can research parts and wiring.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@Chazzy J, I hope this pics give you a more detailed idea or at least help you a bit on how the wires need to be set up for your future mod :)
@GerryB, Sorry it took me so long to post, busy weekend, today I finally had time to take some pics and take a look around.

First, the bulb is in a super tight area, It looks the bulb is attached by some circular clip which connects/clips to the upper frame of the glove box panel. I tried pulling it down but didn't succeed, also tried turning the bulb clockwise but the wiring is so tight and I was afraid to rip the wires off from the connector. So basically don't know exactly how to get it out and also don't have an exact idea what kind of bulb is in there. Any help or suggestions are very well appreciated :)

P.S: Apologies if the pictures of the bulb are not super clear, having problems with the camera focus on my phone.

Attachments

·
Banned
842 Posts
I'll bet it's a 194...

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.
I bet it is a one of those tiny T5s. My trunk light had one and I never found anyone making an adapter. I had to make my own adapter when I installed a LED strip replacing it. It was easy I just pulled the bulb out and used the housing.

·
Banned
842 Posts
I bet it is a one of those tiny T5s. My trunk light had one and I never found anyone making an adapter. I had to make my own adapter when I installed a LED strip replacing it. It was easy I just pulled the bulb out and used the housing.
Hmm??? :nerd:
Well that was easy enough?
BRAND NEW GENUINE MAZDA OEM GLOVE BOX LIGHT BULB #H450-55-431
Genuine Mazda Parts
Mazda Parts
Manufacturer: Mazda
Part Number: H450-55-431
Part: Bulb

·
Registered
236 Posts
vleds.com makes a "74" adapter. That's my 2016 SGT sedan's trunk bulb size. (T5 socket)
JACKETED WIRE LED BASE ADAPTER 74

·
Banned
842 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts