2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TM3 Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
test

UPDATE 05-02-2013:
DO NOT PURCHASE SURE GUERRILLA CAMBER ARMS. THEY ARE DEFECTIVE! IF YOU OWN A PAIR READ THE LINK BELOW, REMOVE YOUR SURE GUERRILLA CAMBER ARMS AND CONTACT SURE IMMEDIATELY.
http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/for...rts-streetunit-com-design-flaws-danger-139503

UPDATE:

Group buy is open to anyone (this page is now accessible to guests), including those in the US. Street Unit can ship to individual addresses in the lower 50, but anything north of the border must be shipped together.

@ 5-9 buyers, 156.75 per arm plus shipping
1. S.F.W.
2. turtle
3. sawatsky
4. loosecannon

@10+ buyers, 145.00 per arm plus shipping

For more details, please see this thread:
SURE (Street Unit Racing Equipment) Motorsports Guerrilla Camber Arms - Group Buy - Page 3

05-16-2012, 02:38 PM
I was talking to Shane at street unit about another possible group buy for SPC camber arms, since i missed out on the first one. He mentioned to me that SURE Motorsports, aka Street Unit Racing Equipment, will be releasing their own camber arms within a month and that it would be worth the wait. The Guerrilla Camber Arms are on car adjustable (no need to take wheels off) and allow for -8 to +4 degrees of camber vs SPC, which only allows for -1.5 to +5 degrees.

Because it is a new product, introductory pricing will be available, not to mention a group buy discount, which in combination will hopefully be cheaper than SPC!

I will also try to drum up support on torontomazda3.com. Please feel free to reply if you're interested or just want to comment.

SURE Motorsports | SURE Motorsports

photos and discussion as msf:
Sure camber arms (spy photo), discuss. - Mazdaspeed Forums

·
Registered
387 Posts
Subbed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
meh alraedy have spc... sure MS looks good tho, but really adjusting it without taking of the wheel isnt really THAT great, cause im pretty sure the only time u gonna touch your rear camber is at an alighment

·
Dustin L.
524 Posts
I bought the Eibach camber arms from partsgeek.com $180 shipped. I found them cheaper on other websites but I trust partsgeek as I have used them before. The eibachs are easy to install and easy to adjust, but the only reason u should care about ease of adjusting is if u have an alignment rig in ur garage. Those are nice to look at but u can't really see them all that well unless u r under the car, and are they really that much better than what's already out there. Plus I can't see in the pic any way to keep the adjustment bolt locked into position, just a small concern, I don't see a company putting something unsafe on the market. But was wondering how it would work.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Aside from the price I see some potential issues for street use. 1. The arms are aluminum and the adjusting bolt is stainless steel. Not good if you live north where they salt the roads. Dissimilar metals will seize up. 2. The poly bushings are probably going to transmit more road vibration than rubber will. 3. The diameter of that stainless bolt seems small. I'd worry about it snapping if you nuke a pothole at speed. Stainless is a brittle metal also. The SPC adjusting bolt is easily double the diameter of the SU bolt. IDK. These seem great for the track. Not so sure about the street though.

·
TM3 Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Group buy is open to anyone (this page is now accessible to guests), including those in the US. Street Unit can ship to individual addresses in the lower 50, but anything north of the border must be shipped together.

@ 5-9 buyers, 156.75 per arm plus shipping
1. S.F.W.
2. turtle
3. sawatsky
4. loosecannon

@10+ buyers, 145.00 per arm plus shipping

For more details, please see this thread:
SURE (Street Unit Racing Equipment) Motorsports Guerrilla Camber Arms - Group Buy - Page 3

1 - 20 of 23 Posts