2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Today I headed over to Street Unit and picked up the stainless steel 621g AGS shift knob. I installed it right there in the parking lot (Didn't want to wait till I got home:tongue:) and i must say I love it! The heaviness of it seems to get rid of almost all of the "knotchy" feeling in the shifter. Not only does it feel great in my hand it looks beautiful and perfectly matches the silver strip on the dash.

While I was there i decided to pick up a SURE Motorsports decal, i figured why not? lol

Now I just need to install the JBR Short Shift Plate!

Sorry for the crappy IPhone pics

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

Reactions: Seven02

·
Registered
641 Posts
Very nice! Considering getting one despite my disappointment with some SURE products. You can't really mess up a knob tho!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its probably the only thing im going to be getting from SURE because they are so damn expensive!

·
Registered
641 Posts

·
1,577 Posts
Thinking of getting one. Would look great with the silver surround of my MS3. I don't have the silver on the dash (Ih ave the red dot). I wonder if I can switch the red dot to a silver like you guys have.

Only issue is I have had voodoo knobs before, and they got hot in the sun, thast my only worry with this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only issue is I have had voodoo knobs before, and they got hot in the sun, thast my only worry with this.
The knob actually comes with a little bag that you can put over it on really hot days so that it doesnt burning your hand when you first get in. Ill be making great use of that in this Florida sun!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Why are you disappointed with some SURE products?
They are having issues with their urethane, specifically their street grade, that is used in their motor mounts, camber arms and other mounts for the speed 6. The urethane is breaking down prematurely. I only got a few months out of my mount. I do not drive that aggressively, only the ocassional second gear pul. You can see where the urethane is stretching due to the motor twisting under throttle.

They do have some good products tho. Their intakes are very good. They had some issues with their first gen, but they have since fixed the issue.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Btw I am not bashing the company in any way. They are a great group of guys and would have covered for the replacement bushing in my mount. I just don't want to replace the bushing every few months so I bought a JBR rear motor mount.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WIth all the issues, they still selling hte knobs?
I'm pretty sure, pretty hard to mess up a shift knob. But you never know with SURE lol

Still loving mine!

·
1,577 Posts
No I know its not hard to mess up.

Just meant if they closed up shop, or if they are still open and selling knobs

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I haven't heard anything about them closing up shop.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts