2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today while I was at work I came up with this super crazy awesome idea. Well I know from reading many calculus (EDIT turns out is was a first aid handbook not a calculus book) and accounting books that our cars run rich and that when you compress air it causes heat. So what I am going to do is make a Y pipe coming out of my throttle body, probably PVC plumbing piping, and I will attach my intake, with a reducer to around 1.75 inches to one of the legs of the Y. To the other leg of the Y, I plan to run a hose, probably that drier hose (the accordion style stuff) from one of my tail pipes to the intake Y.

This way I will still be getting cool air from one leg, unused gas fumes and warm air from the other.

So the gas fumes will be acting like a 7th injector, even know we only have 4 on our cars, so major power increase here. Then obviously from the warm and cold air slamming together, will create some type of tornado or another weather anomaly, in the core of my Y pipe. This in turn will slam in even more air. And because I already have extra fuel from the car running rich, BLAM even more power.

For information logging, I plan to use my barometer/thermometer, a breathalyser(I bought off ebay), and of course a stud finder.

After all this I plan to be putting down at least 57 extra hectares to the wheels.

I will add a video if I get a chance of me driving around with this system. Should be up tomorrow.

Any thoughts on this project? My guess is no, because I clearly did a lot of research using Microsoft Encarta 97.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
WTF? Either I'm too tired to understand what you're talking about or I'm just utterly confused... WTF are you trying to do?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WTF? Either I'm too tired to understand what you're talking about or I'm just utterly confused... WTF are you trying to do?
Once it is complete and all my datalogging has been saved on my MAC I will render so highly detailed images of this setup. Depending upon the price I might start offering the kits.

:wtf:

I like turtles!
I like turtles:

·
Registered
35 Posts
LOL, I found this thread amusing, but "useful" might be stretching it. :) Maybe once I use your SRI install instructions I will feel more compelled to actually thank you. :D

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
LOL. I'd pay a dollar three eighty for this mod.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL, I found this thread amusing, but "useful" might be stretching it. :) Maybe once I use your SRI install instructions I will feel more compelled to actually thank you. :D
Patience, that is tomorrow's project. You wait until the video all I can say is the engine sounds like a natural disaster. :yes:

LOL. I'd pay a dollar three eighty for this mod.
Patience I need to remove the head gasket in order to make it work on the speed. But that should free up some weight, so Performance Boost x3

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
As long as this works with the Hypertech I'm in . Dumping my AP cause it's so useless.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Keep in mind, this is just a really slack CAD drawing. For the guys out there, if you are standing too close to a hard object step back so your don't sprain something from what you are about to get.

According to the page shown I would get more newton meters if I welded in a second MAF, as you can clearly see the barometric pressure will be through the roof literally. I will have to cut a whole in my wiper cowl to make this all work.

I am thinking about routing the dryer hose from my exhaust through the cabin of the car in order to keep temps up.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As long as this works with the Hypertech I'm in . Dumping my AP cause it's so useless.
I have had about 67.2 PMs about this. It will work with the hypertech but it has to be the for the first gen mazda 3. But don't worry about the AP, we can splice it to the 2nd maf and get a handy karaoke machine in the engine bay, just so we can keep things degreased.

·
College Zoom-Zoom
3,248 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dude, Hilarious :yes:! just made my day from studying calculus II, physics, and statics!

Make sure you use the right stud finder (from ebay) to see how many hp you are pushing at the wheel! When you are done, you should be looking at 275 clams at the wheel! :tongue:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Also make sure to take a lot of pictures and a good write up! May be worth doing! Does it increase the MPGs as well?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts