2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,
I have a '12 Hatch skyactiv and I've already put too much money into this thing. I have the corksport ram air, dual exhaust upgrade, a DR tune and I've got 17X9 wheels on it. It is currently in the shop getting the fenders pulled out, and a custom grill from D&B customs in Salt Lake City. I'll post some pics as soon as I get it back.
What's next? I'm looking to build a high revving 2.5 skyactiv with a turbo going to get over 400bhp, but that will take time and money. If anyone have done a similar build, let me know how it went; I curious to see if it is possible.

Anyway, looking forward to a meet and greet someday with some other local M3 enthusiasts.

·
Super Moderator
6,385 Posts
You might want to do a lot of research on the SA motor first. 400hp is way beyond current tuning capabilities just fyi. Right now, if you can actually find a turbo kit that works, and can find the proper support for the ECU, and can find someone familiar enough with the SA motor who can make it work, about 250- 275 hp is what you'll get. Cams? Good luck finding cams to do this also. Not a lot of options out there at the moment. Chances are you'll need to have them custom ground to your specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts