2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have Mazda CX-9 2016 and happened this morning (Apr-11-2018). After happens stop by mazda dealer and service man told that it was a flying stone that broke the glass and are advised to make an insurance claim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Driving on expressway at 70 mph here at Chicagoland at noon yesterday. Outside temp is 29 F, it's cold but OK for this time of the year. Heard a loud pop & inside noise getting so loud. When I look up I saw a big hole on the sunroof of my 2015 Mazda 3. Pieces of small broken glass begun dropping.

Anyway, my wife called Mazda dealership & discussed the issue. They never heard of it they said. Brought my car this morning, charged me about $130 to inspect the car. They game me a loaner car as they said they need time to investigate the issue. Just got a call from the dealership few minutes ago to ask me some questions about what exactly happened. They try to make it look like the shattered sunroof was caused by kick off debris. I told them there were no cars beside me. The front car was about 1/2 mile away. It's impossible for it to happen. Also, they said they never heard of exploding sunroof which is ridiculous as you can read about it all over the internet. The dealership will continue investigation & call Mazda corporate about this matter & will let me know.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts