2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need recommendations for a good summer/performance tire that is not expensive and fits stock 16 inch rims, 205/60R16.
I'm in Canada and have dedicated winter tires on another set of rims so that's not a problem. If there are no performance tires that fit OEM rims, maybe you can recommend all-season performance oriented tire? Current tires are still the original Ecopias.
I found one that looks interesting, it's Pirelli PZero Corsa Asimmetrico 2 on Canadian Tire website, but it seems they are always out of stock. Here is a link: Pirelli
What are your thoughts on those?

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
680 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I live in Regina, SK but that site you provided gave me some ideas. Didn't see the Hankook Ventus V12 you mentioned though, maybe they don't have it.

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
680 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I live in Regina, SK but that site you provided gave me some ideas. Didn't see the Hankook Ventus V12 you mentioned though, maybe they don't have it.
The Ventus S1 evo3 (K127) look nice and so do the kumho p571 both $100 rebate .
i say get the best price best tire best rebate

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Joe, I think there is one small difference between the 16" tires on your car compared to my 2014. Your tire size is probably 205/55R16, mine is 205/60R16. And apparently that size is not common for summer tires. When I checked the Ventus S1 evo3 (K127) on that site, they have 205/55 but not 205/60. I don't know why it's like that, why Mazda had to change the size a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts