2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealership upgraded from v56 to v70 without hw upgrade.
After the upgrade I loose ssh and usb access.
I made serial port hack to recover ssh and USB access. I installed ID7 fix(IMPORTANT to avoid loosing the shh and usb access again after downgrade)
I installed Android Auto 1.0.9 from AIO but it doesn't work (black screen with USB cable and no audio through wifi)
I have downgraded to 59.00.545A without problems (for downgrading remember first the reinstall and after the failsafe)
I installed Android Auto 1.0.9 from AIO and now all is working fine!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have 70.00.021A and it works without problems but i want to install Android Auto. Can you write sth more about ID7 fix or can i just try firstly downgroading it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i have 70.00.021A and it works without problems but i want to install Android Auto. Can you write sth more about ID7 fix or can i just try firstly downgroading it?
Hello you can try but I think you can only install a version locked(a version greater or equal than 59.00.502)(you can't access the system through ssh and you can't install tweaks like AA through usb). So for sure you need to make the serial hack (you have to disassembly part of the car) https://mazdatweaks.com/serial/
Once the serial hack is complete you can install AA with an USB drive.
ID7 tweak is a very recommendable tweak installable through USB to avoid to loose the access to the cmu if you upgrade/downgrade to a locked version, but for installing you need to have usb access so firstly if your cmu is locked(version greater than 59.00.502 and never installed ID7 before), you need to make the serial hack first.
Other way is to install official AA. Mazda is starting to install it( for 250€ in Spain)

·
Registered
105 Posts
My dealership upgraded from v56 to v70 without hw upgrade.
After the upgrade I loose ssh and usb access.
I made serial port hack to recover ssh and USB access. I installed ID7 fix(IMPORTANT to avoid loosing the shh and usb access again after downgrade)
I installed Android Auto 1.0.9 from AIO but it doesn't work (black screen with USB cable and no audio through wifi)
I have downgraded to 59.00.545A without problems (for downgrading remember first the reinstall and after the failsafe)
I installed Android Auto 1.0.9 from AIO and now all is working fine!!
Hi how did you downgrade again? did you just follow the steps posted around here but just use an old firmware? I thought downgrade was not possible from what I heard before but I guess it's for different things and not if you just want to downgrade firmware.

·
Pretty Cool Dude
326 Posts
Not sure how doing the serial hack allows you to downgrade firmware.. The serial hack lets you run tweaks from your USB drive, and installing AA v1.09 should not affect this.

It could be that V70 specifically allows you to downgrade to an older firmware? Would be cool if someone with V70 can test if they can downgrade to V59

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi how did you downgrade again? did you just follow the steps posted around here but just use an old firmware? I thought downgrade was not possible from what I heard before but I guess it's for different things and not if you just want to downgrade firmware.
Hi, I just followed the standard steps for downgrade. I read that you can't downgrade from 59.00.502(first locked version) but maybe you can downgrade from a locked version to another locked version and that's right!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not sure how doing the serial hack allows you to downgrade firmware.. The serial hack lets you run tweaks from your USB drive, and installing AA v1.09 should not affect this.

It could be that V70 specifically allows you to downgrade to an older firmware? Would be cool if someone with V70 can test if they can downgrade to V59
I'm agree with you I think you can move between locked firmwares without problems (no need to make any hack before downgrade).
I did the serial hack+ID7 tweak in version V70 and then downgrade to V59 (a locked 59 version), but I think it is posible to move from v70 to locked v59 and then make the serial hack+ID7 tweak for having access to CMU.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To downgrade u need failsafe first and not the reinstall
Hello, this is the procedure for Upgrade but I read that you should change the order for downgrade:

I read the folowing in the post: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/104730-index-infotainment-project.html#post1459825

Code:
Updating the OS
How to update your OS: The latest version of the OS is v55. Many people are on v29 or v33. To update the OS you can bring your car in to a dealer and claim you're having problems with something like bluetooth or screen lag and they should update your system for you. However, you can update your system yourself and it's rather easy. If you are on v29 or lower, you must update to v33 first. Once on v33, you can update to v55. To run these updates you will need the update files. I try to keep a list of working download links posted in section "V. Downloads" below.
OS Update outside NA: If you do not live in North America, it is possible to upgrade your OS with the North American files, however you will probably lose radio functionality (see below in "Other" section), and maybe some other features too (like weather reports).
[B]Downgrading your OS: Some people have decided that they were happier on an older version. It IS possible to downgrade to an older version. First, get the OS files (located below in section V). Next, follow the steps located above for installing an update, except install the "reinstall.up" FIRST and the "failsafe.up" SECOND.[/B]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did downgrade my CMU form 70.00.021A to 59.00.545A successful.

what I did, I followed upgrade instruction exactly that installing failsafe first then reinstall second.

I took 59.00.545A firmware copy from my local dealership

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
@mnaufalarira: Here in the post is a link to the available firmware versions (older ones can be found in folder "z development->outdated") and to the update procedure pdf. Use this PDF also for a downgrade, but consider the info from post #6: Change the file installation order mentioned in the PDF for a downgrade.

@hansboomer: The "tweak" AIO Android Auto from www.mazdatweaks.com does not work on firmware 70.x (FW70), but on FW59. That`s why some people want to downgrade back to FW59 (i.e. their dealer updated to FW70) - to use AIO Android Auto.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
@mnaufalarira : Yes, you can.

@dammy89 : As far as I know for a safe way to do the downgrade you should read & use the firmware update manual, but swap/exchange file installation order (1st/2nd file). I assume that a downgrade could also work when sticking to the update file installation order, but thats unsafe if some problem occurs. Thats what I read here in the forum so far.
AIO AA does not work at any FW 70.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, is it possible to downgrade from FW 70. to 59.00.449A because you have not to do the Serial Connection at this FW for Tweaks... ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts