2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
141 - 160 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have to initialize/relearn the FSC module to clear the FSC U2100 DTC. And then it will let you start dynamic aiming to clear the B115E DTC

View attachment 282078
Should U2100 clear after FSC initialize/relearn? 2 other FSC DTCs popped up after the relearn which went away after I cleared them. U2100 still persists though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have to write in the old IC configuration before the DTC codes will get cleared. Right now your car doesn't recognize the new IC you put in, that's why it's giving you all those codes. You have to configure it (by loading the old IC AS Built Configuration) first.
I did load the old IC.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Should U2100 clear after FSC initialize/relearn? 2 other FSC DTCs popped up after the relearn which went away after I cleared them. U2100 still persists though.

U2100 went away for me after the relearn. Did you try to start the dynamic aiming to see if it works now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmm then I'm not sure. But the IC AS Built Configuration should have more than 2 Blocks. For a 2/3/CX-3. Can't help but feel you're doing something wrong but I can't tell until I see a csreenshot
Will SS tonight. Thanks.
But basically, I connected the elm, turned the switch on, opened forscan and follows the steps. Loaded the old IC, then read DTC, and reset DTC. All codes persisted. During this time, I did not “write.” I do not know if should write if the codes are on, but either way, I was not trying to write it properly yet. I posted pictures on this and last page, which show the same I have done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Will SS tonight. Thanks.
But basically, I connected the elm, turned the switch on, opened forscan and follows the steps. Loaded the old IC, then read DTC, and reset DTC. All codes persisted. During this time, I did not “write.” I do not know if should write if the codes are on, but either way, I was not trying to write it properly yet. I posted pictures on this and last page, which show the same I have done.
Simply loading the IC AS Built Configuration does not do anything, you have to press write afterwards (three times, Block 1, Block 2, and Block 4) for it to apply.

If you don't write the codes will stay on... because you're not reconfiguring your new IC.

You need to click on this, pointed by the arrow. Then hit the play button. Load the OLD IC Config and then hit write 3 times.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Simply loading the IC AS Built Configuration does not do anything, you have to press write afterwards (three times, Block 1, Block 2, and Block 4) for it to apply.

If you don't write the codes will stay on... because you're not reconfiguring your new IC.

You need to click on this, pointed by the arrow. Then hit the play button. Load the OLD IC Config and then hit write 3 times.

View attachment 282082
Did click on the IC AS built. I see the 4 blogs under log. Only see three write buttons under IC module conf.

I see them lol
Too hot, too hot today.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You have to write in the old IC configuration before the DTC codes will get cleared. Right now your car doesn't recognize the new IC you put in, that's why it's giving you all those codes. You have to configure it (by loading the old IC AS Built Configuration) first.
When writing, I get a message: “ no changes, nothing to do.” Tried your instructions. Maybe is a backwards step. Tried different ways.

·
Registered
155 Posts
EDIT: Never mind just write and follow prompts.
Another Guide
From Forscan website:

Restore All – restore initial value of all blocks
Load factory AB – downloads factory As-Built file from the Ford site and applies it to the module.
Load All – loads module configuration from .AB or .ABT file.
Save All – writes module configuration to .ABT file
Write All – write the whole module configuration to ECU.

Common use cases:

A. Make backup of module configuration: press “Save All” button, type filename, confirm writing. Configuration will be saved to a file with .ABT extension.

B. Restore module configuration from previously created backup: press “Load All” button, select previously created file with *.ABT extension, confirm loading

·
Registered
22 Posts
When writing, I get a message: “ no changes, nothing to do.” Tried your instructions. Maybe is a backwards step. Tried different ways.
That probably means
1. You already applied the old IC Configuration into the new IC and wrote it before.
2. You still have your old IC in there when trying to apply the old IC Configuration.
3. You're loading the wrong file, maybe you're loading the backup you made of the new IC back into the new IC...

·
Registered
26 Posts
That probably means
1. You already applied the old IC Configuration into the new IC and wrote it before.
2. You still have your old IC in there when trying to apply the old IC Configuration.
3. You're loading the wrong file, maybe you're loading the backup you made of the new IC back into the new IC...
Could you please break this down.
Because I even deleted the profile and re-started again to not mix the old IC
I loaded the old IC once when opening forscan only.

What I have done (mixed some steps order to try to achieve this)
1-Connected ELM to laptop
2-Turned switch on
3-Opened Forscan
3.1 Connected to vehicle and wrote the pcm number.
4-Saved old IC profile
5-Swapped clusters.
5.1 Sometimes disconnected and re-connected in case)
6-Loaded old IC
7-Clicked Conf.&Prog.
8-Clicked IC(AS Built)
9-Clicked write 3 times on each blocks(1,2,&4). Got the message stated above.
10-still proceed to delete DTC codes either by re-reading again or just resetting.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Guys, where in the guide in the first page you read press "write" after "load All" you press "Restore all"
From Forscan website:

Restore All – restore initial value of all blocks
Load factory AB – downloads factory As-Built file from the Ford site and applies it to the module.
Load All – loads module configuration from .AB or .ABT file.
Save All – writes module configuration to .ABT file
Write All – write the whole module configuration to ECU.

Common use cases:

A. Make backup of module configuration: press “Save All” button, type filename, confirm writing. Configuration will be saved to a file with .ABT extension.

B. Restore module configuration from previously created backup: press “Load All” button, select previously created file with *.ABT extension, confirm loading
Restore All doesn't write to the ECU, according to the same link you provided it just loads the previous value...??

The workspace is splitted by blocks in As Built format. Every block has 2 action buttons: Restore and Write. The Restore button does reset the block to the initial value, no matter on the changes. Write button does write this single block to the ECU (other blocks are not saved).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Restore All doesn't write to the ECU, according to the same link you provided it just loads the previous value...??

The workspace is splitted by blocks in As Built format. Every block has 2 action buttons: Restore and Write. The Restore button does reset the block to the initial value, no matter on the changes. Write button does write this single block to the ECU (other blocks are not saved).
What I meant is the possibilities about my message “nothing to do...” Don’t think I need to save the new one profile before hitting write?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Could you please break this down.
Because I even deleted the profile and re-started again to not mix the old IC
I loaded the old IC once when opening forscan only.

What I have done (mixed some steps order to try to achieve this)
1-Connected ELM to laptop
2-Turned switch on
3-Opened Forscan
3.1 Connected to vehicle and wrote the pcm number.
4-Saved old IC profile
5-Swapped clusters.
5.1 Sometimes disconnected and re-connected in case)
6-Loaded old IC
7-Clicked Conf.&Prog.
8-Clicked IC(AS Built)
9-Clicked write 3 times on each blocks(1,2,&4). Got the message stated above.
10-still proceed to delete DTC codes either by re-reading again or just resetting.
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but you saved the "Old IC Profile" by clicking on the "Save All" button here, and loading the "New IC Profile" by clicking the "Load All" button here right? If you are doing that then I am not sure... sorry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hopefully this isn't a dumb question but you saved the "Old IC Profile" by clicking on the "Save All" button here, and loading the "New IC Profile" by clicking the "Load All" button here right? If you are doing that then I am not sure... sorry.

View attachment 282084
Oh... And after you Saved the OLD IC CONFIG make sure you hit the "Stop Button" here before you hit the disconnect button on the first icon with the Car and the i on it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I did and it gave me the same error.

Oh, and in my first attempt to get rid of the lights I also did a FSC Module Reset and did a Reset of the SCBS in the Mazda Connect menu. You can try doing that before doing the relearn

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh, and in my first attempt to get rid of the lights I also did a FSC Module Reset and did a Reset of the SCBS in the Mazda Connect menu. You can try doing that before doing the relearn
Block one, got error, block two succeed, block 4 nothing to wrote
Proceeded to reset DTC as I don’t know what to follow, and codes are there.

Block one error persist:writing blocks failed-incompatible configuration.

141 - 160 of 173 Posts