2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've done my swap on Mazda 2 (Demio). If the car is equipped with auto Aircon it's straight forward swap, with manual it isn't - Aircon and defrost would not work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
i am able ti swap the cluster but unable to wirte data via Forscan it says”incomparible configuration” i tried writing on the original IC but the same error occured and now there is a DRC error in SSU “B13D3”, i tried plugging the original IC the same DTC appear i tru resetting but it came back. Any help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was suggested to ask the question here by some Mazda 6 owners... I have a 2016 Mazda 6 and would like to swap the 2017 gauges (appear to be the same fit, same look, same trim, but the basic display shows more info (temp, mph, etc) (they are both the basic display, not the high end display). So my question is, is it likely to run into the same error/warning issues by swapping in another cluster like the Mazda 3's? I am aware that I would need to get the mileage reprogrammed, but just wonder if it would likely have all the other issues that the mazda 3 gauges have when swapping?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hi man, unreal good guide btw

Can I swap only basic instrument to speedometer? Without HUD?
Thanks.. :) The HUD appears to be just a receiver/display of data and doesn't do much more than that (i.e. interact with the other components in an intelligent way).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Hallo can i swap on mazda cx3.Now i have cluster whitout HUD and i wish buy new cluster+hud (whit big rmp) .
AFAIK the CX3 is like a Mazda 2 thus with different wiring to the Mazda 3, soo... a little unsure on that one and it's capabilities. In principle, the fundamental approach to design on hardware, electronics etc. etc. won't be that dissimilar to what I had found in my hardware, so there might be some minor differences that you need to work out. The cluster might be a different part number / type so watch out for that one!

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 I Touring
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I think 2017 IC will work on 2014. IC is from a 2017, unsure of trim and my car's a 2014 I touring, I had it in my car just to see if it'll even work. The tach doesn't work, didn't check speedo, and some of the lights are on for options my car doesn't have but temp, fuel and gear seemed to have worked just fine. I don't have the OBD2 scanner yet.
The unit is different from the iGT clusters I've seen here, the add isn't a ribbon cable, but rather a plug like the one it uses to connect to the car.
Will the tach work after restoring the modules with forscan?

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 I Touring
2 Posts
For what it's worth, I think 2017 IC will work on 2014. IC is from a 2017, unsure of trim and my car's a 2014 I touring, I had it in my car just to see if it'll even work. The tach doesn't work, didn't check speedo, and some of the lights are on for options my car doesn't have but temp, fuel and gear seemed to have worked just fine. I don't have the OBD2 scanner yet.
The unit is different from the iGT clusters I've seen here, the add isn't a ribbon cable, but rather a plug like the one it uses to connect to the car.
Will the tach work after restoring the modules with forscan?
View attachment 277474 View attachment 277475 View attachment 277477
Thought i would give a bit of an update. the IC all works with the exception of the tach. it seems to run about 1000rpm higher than what it should be at idle and stops moving after it hits around 2.2krpm. if anyone has any ideas they would be appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello did any one successfully swap the Instrument cluster on 2017/2018 facelift models? can F100 work on 2017/2018 mileage adjust? thanks a lot

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello did any one successfully swap the Instrument cluster on 2017/2018 facelift models? can F100 work on 2017/2018 mileage adjust? thanks a lot
Tried the GT cluster on my 2018 i touring, it worked 100% after flash with the previous IC configuration by Forscan, but the mileage is still a problem.

tested with new GT cluster, the mileage will run with the new cluster, so the mileage should store in it.

Does anyone know how to correct the mileage on the new cluster? the new cluster is lower than my current cluster.

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Tried the GT cluster on my 2018 i touring, it worked 100% after flash with the previous IC configuration by Forscan, but the mileage is still a problem.

tested with new GT cluster, the mileage will run with the new cluster, so the mileage should store in it.

Does anyone know how to correct the mileage on the new cluster? the new cluster is lower than my current cluster.

thanks

View attachment 279191

View attachment 279192

View attachment 279193
Found some one to adjust the mileage, the case closed.

confirmed 2017/2018 GT higher trim cluster can be swap on lower trim, only need 2 things:
1. use forscan to flash the lower trim cluster config. to new GT higher trim cluster
2. find someone to adjust the mileage.

double check and A/B test where store the mileage, i believe it's in cluster!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Successfully swapped in mine, but I'm getting two lights still, the Sport Light and the collision warning light and I'm not sure how to get those reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a
manual vehicle so no sport button is available. Does anyone in the St. Louis area have an OBDStar that I could borrow to change my mileage?

101 - 119 of 119 Posts