2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can do everything with Forscan except correcting the mileage. But that can be done with much cheaper stuff, there is an interface on AliExpress for around $40, which has been proven to work with pre lift. So, you do not need VXDiag

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can do everything with Forscan except correcting the mileage. But that can be done with much cheaper stuff, there is an interface on AliExpress for around $40, which has been proven to work with pre lift. So, you do not need VXDiag
awesome, is there a link for that product?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I only used VXdiag and followed the Mazda process for replacing modules in a car.
But as others suggest - may not be needed.
I took an assumption that the module maybe "vin locked" or something hence the requirement for the process; certainly with some GM and HSV vehicles in the past that I tinkered with - that was the case.. But yea probably not needed. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did it for the IC swap too. It works pretty well and everything work correctly as expected.

However, i need a little help here, my maintenance schedule wont work anymore. The meter did show the figure, but the mileage wont decrease as i drive around the road. Its been 1000ish km i drive with my new IC but the maintenance schedule still stuck at 10000km.

Please advice.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had same problem, MZD Connect was on V56. I've applied ID7 script to prevent USB ports for being blocked and updated do latest V59. Then did factory defaults on MZD. Maintenance schedule is working again.
So try restore to default settings in MZD first, if that not help update firmware. After that it should work

·
Registered
42 Posts
Had same problem, MZD Connect was on V56. I've applied ID7 script to prevent USB ports for being blocked and updated do latest V59. Then did factory defaults on MZD. Maintenance schedule is working again.
So try restore to default settings in MZD first, if that not help update firmware. After that it should work
Arh! Master reset! Thanks man. Made it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mazda 6 IC cluster in Mazda 3 2014

I'm considering an even bolder swap - replacing base Mazda 3 IC with Mazda 6 IC. The reason for that is that I'd like to have a better/bigger RPM meter, but I really dislike digital speedometer. Looking at Mazda 6 IC photos it looks like it has exactly what I need. However, there are multiple factors to consider:
  • the dimensions of the cluster
  • asbuilt data layout
  • connectors

Unfortunately I don't have access to any M6, so it's difficult for me to check any of those.

Does anyone have any experience with M6 and could shed some light on this matter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning everyone,

Great post. Like many, I too am swapping over to the heads-up cluster. Did all the steps but now my car is throwing codes for the FSC and SSU. The FSC codes are asking for Front Sensing Camera calibration. Anyone have this issue and if so what did they do to fix it? Everything else works as it should. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Registered
17 Posts
after swapping 2017 base cluster with high spec cluster, sports button doesn't work anymore..

anyone knows anything?

i dont think it's the asbuilt as it's re-using the original car's IC values

·
Registered
17 Posts
beside sports button, is everything working fine?
basically just backup IC as built from old cluster, load to replaced cluster right?
yeah. everything else is fine..

still trying to figure out how to fix the sports mode button.. have a DTC from the HUD & IC module.. check it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning everyone,

Great post. Like many, I too am swapping over to the heads-up cluster. Did all the steps but now my car is throwing codes for the FSC and SSU. The FSC codes are asking for Front Sensing Camera calibration. Anyone have this issue and if so what did they do to fix it? Everything else works as it should. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
were you able to resolve this? I am experiencing the same module DTCs in my 2017 M3 after the cluster swap and have failed calibration attempts through forscan

·
Registered
38 Posts
has anyone confirmed if we can bring the 2014-2016 speedos (the one with red accents) over to 2017/18 models?

i tried it for a friend of mine and although connectors are the same, the info button didn't work even after i flashed back his IC settings. i'm guessing the info on the cluster is mapped to the up and down buttons of our 14-16 steering, whereas the 17 variants don't have the up/down buttons (they only get 1 centralized button to change the info).

just a wild guess, anyone successfully swapped the clusters for 17/18 with a 14-16 cluster?
Hey, did get you get any information regarding this question?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I own Mazda 3 2.5 2018 Touring, ordered new Instrument Cluster with HUD. Hope it will be shipped in a week, so waiting to install it :D !

·
Registered
178 Posts
I've been trying to get my hands on a 2017 HUD (color HUD) because I think I can retrofit it successfully on a previous year.

Does anyone know where I can get one not new?

81 - 100 of 119 Posts