2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just wondering what's the part number for the "Hood Meter" for RHD vehicles?

I've googled BHN25542002, but looks like it doesn't have the hole cut out for the HUD? I'm not too sure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just wondering what's the part number for the "Hood Meter" for RHD vehicles?.
There is no difference between LHD and RHD Clusters (Speedos). I've sucessfully (nearly) swaped LHD hood into RHD vehicle.

You can sort Clusters by:
- type - for Diesels and Petrols - different RPM scale (2 digital + 2 analogue)
- car model - for Mazda 3 and for Mazda 2/CX3 - different Asbuild "cells" due to lacking FBCM on M2/CX3 (2 digital + 2 analogue)
- aircon type - for Mazda 2/CX3 only - those with full manual aircon have extra plug, as the Cluster controls the aircon (analogue only)

So in total there are 9 different clusters, but just few to choose from. Choice between Diesel / Petrol is obvious enough, and those with aircon control are not swappable. Just make sure you choose right RPM value and for right model - Mazda3 or Mazda2/CX3. Transmision type does not matter, engine capacity does not matter (however Diesel / Petrol is) and finally LHD / RHD does not matter as well. In UK RHD got extra button to change miles/km, but you can do it in MZD Connect as well. Forscan cam program everything except mileage. Happy swapping

Now about my "nearly" successfull swap. I've tried to swap cluster from CX3 (at least it's been advertised that way) to Mazda 2 with manual aircon. Cluster part works OK, trouble is that aircon stopped to work. All buttons (total of 4) on aircon panel are not working due to no extra socket in the cluster. So workaround for aircon is needed. But I simply do not understand why they done it that way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
There is no difference between LHD and RHD Clusters (Speedos). I've sucessfully (nearly) swaped LHD hood into RHD vehicle.

You can sort Clusters by:
- type - for Diesels and Petrols - different RPM scale (2 digital + 2 analogue)
- car model - for Mazda 3 and for Mazda 2/CX3 - different Asbuild "cells" due to lacking FBCM on M2/CX3 (2 digital + 2 analogue)
- aircon type - for Mazda 2/CX3 only - those with full manual aircon have extra plug, as the Cluster controls the aircon (analogue only)

So in total there are 10 different clusters, but just 2 Clusters to choose from. Choice between Diesel / Petrol is obvious enough, and those with aircon control are not swappable.

Now about my "nearly" successfull swap. I've tried to swap cluster from CX3 (at least it's been advertised that way) to Mazda 2 with manual aircon. Cluster part works OK, trouble is that aircon stopped to work. All buttons (total of 4) on aircon panel are not working due to no extra socket in the cluster. So workaround for aircon is needed. But I simply do not understand why they done it that way.
thanks for the informative post!

I've placed an order for the cluster from a wrecked 3 with the HUD and "hood meter". Should receive it sometime in June as it's from Israel. Will check out how it goes when I receive them.

Oh, my unit doesn't come with the factory MzdConnect Infotainment System. I wonder if there will be any issues with the HUD.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oh, my unit doesn't come with the factory MzdConnect Infotainment System. I wonder if there will be any issues with the HUD.
Take off your cluster, check numbers of connectors in it. If there is only one you are good to go, if there are 2 your aircon would not work after swap. No idea about HUD, it might work but you wont be able to change it's angle and might see nothing on it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take off your cluster, check numbers of connectors in it. If there is only one you are good to go, if there are 2 your aircon would not work after swap. No idea about HUD, it might work but you wont be able to change it's angle and might see nothing on it.
I'll check it when it comes. My aircons are digital dual-zone climate type, similar to the SGT. Anyway I changed the shipping type to express. DHL said it'll reach me next week, so we'll see how it goes then. :laugh2:

Hopefully I'm able to adjust the angle of the HUD using Forscan. As long as it shows up a display, hopefully I'm good. :p

Side note, anyone managed to install the factory MzdConnect on the base trim?

·
Registered
17 Posts
What kind of a custom trim you have? Digital dual zone aircon and no MZD Connect? That mixture is unavailable in Europe
yeah, it's strange..

I'm from Singapore. we only have 3 types of trims..

1.5L Standard, 1.5L Deluxe, 2.0L Sport

standard -> base trim, doesn't come with anything..
deluxe -> high spec, comes with mzdconnect, digital speedo, HUD, bi-xenon headlamps, LED taillamps
sport -> full spec, comes with everything except LDWS, BSM, SCB.

digital dual zone aircon comes standard across all mazda 3 in Singapore. however, they removed that for 2017 FL models and above.. thankfully mine is a 2014.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've placed an order for the cluster from a wrecked 3 with the HUD and "hood meter". Should receive it sometime in June as it's from Israel. Will check out how it goes when I receive them.
Where did you buy it from specifically? Can you please kindly share the info? /forums/images/Mazda3Revolution_2014/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
bought it off ebay..

·
Registered
40 Posts
New cluster installed!! Thank you very much marcu5 for your detailed instructions!!

While restoring the previous IC I had the error of "Incompatible configuration". However it seemed that it got written.

Also I should mention that i had to reload / recalibrate the ABS module in Forscan.

Everything is running as it should.

PD: I'm still missing the dash hood to clover the cluster. If anyone knows an ebay link, let me know

Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
has anyone confirmed if we can bring the 2014-2016 speedos (the one with red accents) over to 2017/18 models?

i tried it for a friend of mine and although connectors are the same, the info button didn't work even after i flashed back his IC settings. i'm guessing the info on the cluster is mapped to the up and down buttons of our 14-16 steering, whereas the 17 variants don't have the up/down buttons (they only get 1 centralized button to change the info).

just a wild guess, anyone successfully swapped the clusters for 17/18 with a 14-16 cluster?

·
Registered
50 Posts
So from what I understand, the 2017+ clusters will not fit in the 2014-2016 cars. That's fine.
It also doesn't seem to matter if it's auto or manual correct?

But what about US/UK differences? Is there a difference between RHD and LHD (I'm guessing no, but want to check)?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The only difference is an extra thumb dial on RHD ones to change miles/kilemoters on the Speedometer. But they are compatible with LHD and other way round as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1 question for marcu5:

1.. What is VXdiag and is it necessary? It's not really explained in your original post and I don't really understand what it is or what it does? Your follow up post seems to suggest you're not sure if it did anything either? Is that still the case? Can we skip using VXdiag completely?

61 - 80 of 115 Posts