2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
26 Posts
I've done my swap on Mazda 2 (Demio). If the car is equipped with auto Aircon it's straight forward swap, with manual it isn't - Aircon and defrost would not work.
Hello, because of your findings, I was able to purchased mine based on your cluster explanation. I waited months since the cluster was supposed to have 8k miles, which it was in vain because it has 1k miles.

Now, the issue. I de-tuned my car after getting a message, but that message still persist: "unable to identify vehicle if pcm has a custom tune installed, please enter the strategy/calibration name of the part of factory pcm". This is why I was unable to connect to FORSCAN. So far, I did find that information about other cars, but about the Mazda 2 so far.

I found a Mazda website PCM Reflashing, but I do need a separate hardware to do so, which am sure will be price. Unsure if that will give me the information needed.

The cluster and ADD works and illuminates.

I need help, someone.

@marcu5 @darrecky

· Registered
26 Posts
So this swap has been a roller coasted. I got the cluster D23C55430, which is for the 2 and CX-3 newer models. It has the miles conversion (which don't work, but it is set on miles). First issue was getting the PCM number because got a window asking for that due to having a tune. I removed my tuned, but changed nothing. After contacting FORSCAN adm, they gave me a 2 DJ number, P53XC or P53X-188K2-C due to mine not working. In the beginning, I was not following the switching to MS/HS instructions properly. However, later on, I did. I saved my profiles on the original cluster, swapped, loaded, reset codes, and does not work. The DTC codes are still on. I kept the car on in case they might go away attempted to reset the codes since the ECU could reset them( it does in some circumstances). Nothing.--PIC coming.

· Registered
26 Posts
carbonx240, if I were you, I'd reach out to Instrument Cluster Store. If it turns out the cluster you've got isn't compatible, they can get you one that is - they're incredibly thorough.
That is the cluster though. I did search for a year for it. Even the title states it. It is for the newer Mazdas. I do also have the auto air con. Gasoline/Mazda 2/CX-3/2019.
Someone in FORScan suggested I needed the settings from the car the GT cluster came from. Don’t believe that based on what most done in here.

· Registered
26 Posts
Edit: hit write and said no changes, nothing to do.
I only see two big blocks :(

Not my picture since I'd have to go to my car, but this is a picture of the FSC Module Config where it contains 2 Blocks separated by the line (IC Config should contain 4 Blocks).

If you hit the "Write" buttons circled it will write the entire corresponding block. So in this case you would hit the Write button twice. In your IC Config you would hit it three times for Blocks 1, 2, and 4. Don't hit the "Write All" button in the bottom because you DO NOT want to write to Block 3, could mess things up based on what I read on the AS Built thread.

So Load All and then hit each of the Write buttons. And then clear your DTCs.

View attachment 282056

· Registered
26 Posts
No codes got deleted. Maybe that is why the “write” says “nothing to do.” Also, drove for 25 mins/3.5 miles and no codes were deleted either. Tach, speedometer,ADD, gas, temp.ac, all works. Only the codes showing. FeelsBadMan

· Registered
26 Posts
Hmm then I'm not sure. But the IC AS Built Configuration should have more than 2 Blocks. For a 2/3/CX-3. Can't help but feel you're doing something wrong but I can't tell until I see a csreenshot
Will SS tonight. Thanks.
But basically, I connected the elm, turned the switch on, opened forscan and follows the steps. Loaded the old IC, then read DTC, and reset DTC. All codes persisted. During this time, I did not “write.” I do not know if should write if the codes are on, but either way, I was not trying to write it properly yet. I posted pictures on this and last page, which show the same I have done.

· Registered
26 Posts
Simply loading the IC AS Built Configuration does not do anything, you have to press write afterwards (three times, Block 1, Block 2, and Block 4) for it to apply.

If you don't write the codes will stay on... because you're not reconfiguring your new IC.

You need to click on this, pointed by the arrow. Then hit the play button. Load the OLD IC Config and then hit write 3 times.

View attachment 282082
Did click on the IC AS built. I see the 4 blogs under log. Only see three write buttons under IC module conf.

I see them lol
Too hot, too hot today.

· Registered
26 Posts
You have to write in the old IC configuration before the DTC codes will get cleared. Right now your car doesn't recognize the new IC you put in, that's why it's giving you all those codes. You have to configure it (by loading the old IC AS Built Configuration) first.
When writing, I get a message: “ no changes, nothing to do.” Tried your instructions. Maybe is a backwards step. Tried different ways.

· Registered
26 Posts
That probably means
1. You already applied the old IC Configuration into the new IC and wrote it before.
2. You still have your old IC in there when trying to apply the old IC Configuration.
3. You're loading the wrong file, maybe you're loading the backup you made of the new IC back into the new IC...
Could you please break this down.
Because I even deleted the profile and re-started again to not mix the old IC
I loaded the old IC once when opening forscan only.

What I have done (mixed some steps order to try to achieve this)
1-Connected ELM to laptop
2-Turned switch on
3-Opened Forscan
3.1 Connected to vehicle and wrote the pcm number.
4-Saved old IC profile
5-Swapped clusters.
5.1 Sometimes disconnected and re-connected in case)
6-Loaded old IC
7-Clicked Conf.&Prog.
8-Clicked IC(AS Built)
9-Clicked write 3 times on each blocks(1,2,&4). Got the message stated above.
10-still proceed to delete DTC codes either by re-reading again or just resetting.

· Registered
26 Posts
Restore All doesn't write to the ECU, according to the same link you provided it just loads the previous value...??

The workspace is splitted by blocks in As Built format. Every block has 2 action buttons: Restore and Write. The Restore button does reset the block to the initial value, no matter on the changes. Write button does write this single block to the ECU (other blocks are not saved).
What I meant is the possibilities about my message “nothing to do...” Don’t think I need to save the new one profile before hitting write?

· Registered
26 Posts
Oh, and in my first attempt to get rid of the lights I also did a FSC Module Reset and did a Reset of the SCBS in the Mazda Connect menu. You can try doing that before doing the relearn
Block one, got error, block two succeed, block 4 nothing to wrote
Proceeded to reset DTC as I don’t know what to follow, and codes are there.

Block one error persist:writing blocks failed-incompatible configuration.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts