2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback Select
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I’m attempting to add a spare tire subwoofer to my 2019 Mazda 3 HB and I need help finding the wires that I need to connect to my LC2i LOC. I lifted up the passenger seat and I believe this is the TAU, I just need to find the wires that are for the rear left/right speakers, plus ground and power. Am I looking at the right connections or should I look elsewhere? Any help would be gladly appreciated.
FD8EB364-FF12-46D5-A8AB-E3893FA32C71.jpeg
EA326279-F0E9-4D6B-9383-EAEA0B2DFAFC.jpeg
6971C191-F5F1-4484-93E1-F93EAE460C64.jpeg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not quite related, but how the heck did you get the passenger seat removed? Even with the proper E Torx socket and a manual impact driver (the kind you hammer), I could only get the front right bolt off. Looked like the fins on the front left one were starting to bend, so I gave up. I was just trying to remove the seat to check out the amp.

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback Select
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not quite related, but how the heck did you get the passenger seat removed? Even with the proper E Torx socket and a manual impact driver (the kind you hammer), I could only get the front right bolt off. Looked like the fins on the front left one were starting to bend, so I gave up. I was just trying to remove the seat to check out the amp.
Honestly I just used a ratchet plus the appropriate socket size to remove the bolts, it was really tough and I wanted to give up after a few minutes but I managed to loosen the bolts. Maybe try going lower on the socket size if that’s possible? Yeah you definitely don’t want the fins on the bolts to bend because then it’ll definitely be impossible to get those bolts off. Are you also installing a sound system in your 3?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Are you also installing a sound system in your 3?
That's the plan. Was hoping to to get the seat removed and check out the amp and wiring, and maybe meter some of the wires to see what was going on. Kinda holding out in hopes someone comes out with a proper plug-in low level converter, but not going to hold my breath forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts