2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at wheel adapters for some wheels I have left over from trading in my Golf R, does anyone know the stud length off hand so I know how thin I can have the adapters made?

·
Registered
249 Posts
VW is 5X112. Unless you can find someone to make you 5X114 to 5X112 conversion spacer which min has to be 15mm .
you are better off getting a proper set of wheels.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a guy (a very reputable VW part maker) who will make them for me, just need to tell him the stud length and figured somebody here might have the minimum thickness of the adapter could be, as dictated by stud length. Your post implies 15mm is the thinnest adapter I could use, is that correct? Guess I should just go measure

·
Registered
249 Posts
conversion spacers are made with min 15mm as far as i know.
depend if your wheel has clearance in the back spacing then you would need to figure out how thick of spacer you need.
also depend on offset of your current wheel.
not like you can just throw some 1" spacer if your current offset on the wheel is too low already.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
conversion spacers are made with min 15mm as far as i know.
depend if your wheel has clearance in the back spacing then you would need to figure out how thick of spacer you need.
also depend on offset of your current wheel.
not like you can just throw some 1" spacer if your current offset on the wheel is too low already.
got it, thank you for the info. I'm going to 18x8 et45 .. so I'm figuring about ~6.5mm closer to the strut. I have the 18" stockers (18x7.5 et50) on right now, going to TSW Nurburgring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts