2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a canadian 2017 Mazda 6 GT, and I installed Tweaks from mazdacmuhacks Mazda CMU Hacks - Now My system wil boot to the main screen, i can see all the icons (radio etc.) but I can't toggle between them. then it reboots after 15 seconds. Radio is still playing though.

I need help. Wife will kill me if I cant get this fixed...lol

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi All,

I have a canadian 2017 Mazda 6 GT, and I installed Tweaks from mazdacmuhacks Mazda CMU Hacks - Now My system wil boot to the main screen, i can see all the icons (radio etc.) but I can't toggle between them. then it reboots after 15 seconds. Radio is still playing though.

I need help. Wife will kill me if I cant get this fixed...lol

Thanks
in order to know what happen to find the fix need to know which Tweak did you installed which caused this issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed the following one after the other - then rebooted the system

Date to Statusbar
Fast Boot (Remove Nag Screen)
Main Menu Looping
List Looping (Music sources, etc)

Only two said that they installed successfully. I can't tell you which ones installed or which one caused the issue as I had 4 USB keys, and rebooted after all installs.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I installed the following one after the other - then rebooted the system

Date to Statusbar
Fast Boot (Remove Nag Screen)
Main Menu Looping
List Looping (Music sources, etc)

Only two said that they installed successfully. I can't tell you which ones installed or which one caused the issue as I had 4 USB keys, and rebooted after all installs.
Date to Statusbar is what killed your system, it's not working for the 2017's.

Not sure how to fix (scour the forums), but some guy had the same issue and ended up replacing his cmu

We really need to put a disclaimer on the AOI thread to Alert new owners not to install Date to Status bar

·
Registered
306 Posts
you have corrupted sm.config , 15 second then reboot its enough time to pull out the sm and repair it and push it back. also you can compare the original one from extracted firmware where you can download over here same yours version..
script to pull the sm and push it . you can use same for patching NNG, only change the tweak.sh ( file location of the sm )

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you have corrupted sm.config , 15 second then reboot its enough time to pull out the sm and repair it and push it back. also you can compare the original one from extracted firmware where you can download over here same yours version..
script to pull the sm and push it . you can use same for patching NNG, only change the tweak.sh ( file location of the sm )
thanks for your reply. But I really don't know how to do any of it :crying2:
I don't even know where to start. Is this a script on a USB key?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Date to Statusbar is what killed your system, it's not working for the 2017's.

Not sure how to fix (scour the forums), but some guy had the same issue and ended up replacing his cmu

We really need to put a disclaimer on the AOI thread to Alert new owners not to install Date to Status bar
That disclaimer would have been nice!

·
Registered
306 Posts
thanks for your reply. But I really don't know how to do any of it :crying2:
I don't even know where to start. Is this a script on a USB key?
extract this script and copy all file on usb format FAT32 and play it on your car. after it reboot, take the usb our and inspect it at your pc if you have file name sm.conf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
before going to dealer to replace.. of course don't tell about tweaks at all..

yours script in hand
delete VehDataPull folder
open Tweaks.sh with editor such Notepad++ and change line 7 to

Code:
cp -a /jci/sm /mnt/sd*/config/
it will pull SM folder. inside USB config folder, inspect it ... let see which file are inside sm to compare with Original ..

OR: try uninstall show date status bar
I've attached the Data after the pull.

I've also booked an appointment with the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
help me i have the same problem since 5month i installed auto android and since then my screen is freeze can't someone do a tuto on youtube or something i understand nothing from what u said

1 - 15 of 15 Posts