2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just installed the Megan racing strut tower bar and subframe h brace (on stock suspension and tires) and wow.. what a difference. Steering feels tight and precise, and the feels way more “eager” to turn.
I know that will get get better with an updated suspension, a tad bit of front camber and stickier tires.
now about the H-brace, I did the universal search reguarding the torque specs recommended, but it’s either hidden somewhere (or I’m blind). What are your guys h braces torqued to?
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design

Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Cloud
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Automotive design
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Vehicle Tire Car Cloud

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive design

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
1,229 Posts
Yeah same here ..did that a while ago and yes a big difference ... especially notice it when I drive a car without it.
I also installed Ultrarace mid lower brace Mazda 3 (BMBN) 2014-2018
Which goes right behind the sub front . If you want to stiffer sub chassis You should add these braces in sub frame
On the Gen 2 UltraRace has more braces available and i added 2 more rear braces One sub frame , one in the truck area.
Car feels super solid

Reactions: Levi and MazdaGT_E

·
Registered
2018 3 GT Hatchback,6 Speed MT
364 Posts
I've been eyeing that H Brace, I haven't found many other braces for the BN models besides the H Brace by Megan, seems like it would be a simple install too. IDK the TRQ specs for the sub frame nuts, a few Uga Duggas should do the trick lol
that's what i did for the rear when I added the rear camber arms because you have to drop the rear sub frame to access the inner camber arm bolts... poor engineering for sure.

Reactions: Levi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts