2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the chassis on the Skyactiv 3 is already fairly tight, and its small stature already leads to good structural rigidity... So, does a strut-tower brace do any good on these cars?

The MS3 comes with the equivalent from the factory, but obviously that animal is a little different out of the box ;)

Thanks for any info!

K

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, interesting. I wonder why they left it off the Skyactiv then...

Its the same chassis as far as I know. Might be a good investment to reduce body roll.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Iv heard from those who have different brand strut bars even cs and the handling is slightly better buts isnt really noticeable, so its mainly for style/looks. IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Iv heard from those who have different brand strut bars even cs and the handling is slightly better buts isnt really noticeable, so its mainly for style/looks. IMO

Sent from my DROID RAZR
I can vouche that it lessen the front body roll and the steering became slitghtly heavy ( tho I'm used to it cause my former car had a tower brace as well. )

Sent from my HTC One S using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may pick up the Megan Racing brace, its about $50 cheaper than the CS.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Went to pick up mine in a warehouse and the dude actually hooked me up with the discount lol

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Awesome deal!! Looks awesome. But alil to shiny imo lol you should powder coat the chrome piece blue to match the SA cover

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a Megan Brace on the way now, couldnt pass up the price, and it looks awesome. Should be here next week :D

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Imo the towers on both ends are blue already lol not a big fan of blue but to compliment the engine cover I'm all good lol.. I'm actually targeting the rear next not just sure what would be the difference on the upper and lower lol the lower brace is a bit pricey for me @ $164 lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds more like a gimmick to be honest. I can't imagine Mazda left that much deflection in something as crucial as a strut tower. They do look alright, but that's about all that can be said (and making it hard as hell to get to your battery or get the cover off).

If you really want increased turn-in response and crispness, look into stiffer springs... or if you can't handle the stiffer ride, upgraded swaybars. When both are paired, you'll be seated in a go-kart...

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Sounds more like a gimmick to be honest. I can't imagine Mazda left that much deflection in something as crucial as a strut tower. They do look alright, but that's about all that can be said (and making it hard as hell to get to your battery or get the cover off).

If you really want increased turn-in response and crispness, look into stiffer springs... or if you can't handle the stiffer ride, upgraded swaybars. When both are paired, you'll be seated in a go-kart...
Yes if you are used to stiffer or aftermarket suspension upgrades... Tell you what drive a stock one every single day with the same route same corner and same speed then slam that strut tower bar in and do the same routine again. I think you wouldn't call it a gimmick specially when you start to notice a slight difference specially when you try to do that same corner but with a slight higher speed rate.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts