2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I came across this illustration of the new improvement in handling on the Mazda 3 Turbo Hatch. If the "front roll understeer eliminated completely" is there still a use of aftermarket front strut bar? I was about to get the Corksport Front Strut Tower Bar until I got across this info below.

Reactions: perseus

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This is the Mikstore "Strut Balancing Bar" with their hood damper:

The reversed flange nut is only temporary until a full set of replacements arrive. The damper uses that one bolt on both sides, and the OEM nut is only threaded halfway up, which causes the issue. Otherwise happy and both good products. The red paint nicked a little too easily, but my guess is it's a special paint. I could spray it a machine grey like the exterior if they make fire retardant paint in metallic? Or maybe a flame retardant wrap?

ETA: It does get surprisingly hot.

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you dont have a lot of twisties on fast speed you won't feel it. Like on just regular daily driving you wont feel it. Otherwise I love it.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
3,350 Posts
Find some twisty road. Take turns at higher than usual speeds with traction control off and you will notice the difference. Your back tires should stay planted better allowing for less effort to make the turn.

The limited slip brake assist won't kick in if traction control is off, unless you really F up and the car turns it back on for you (Not that I have ever experienced that or anything.. ;) )
CK

·
Registered
171 Posts
here's a youtube video about the Mikstore in the Phillipines:

This is the Mikstore "Strut Balancing Bar" with their hood damper:

View attachment 280764

The reversed flange nut is only temporary until a full set of replacements arrive. The damper uses that one bolt on both sides, and the OEM nut is only threaded halfway up, which causes the issue. Otherwise happy and both good products. The red paint nicked a little too easily, but my guess is it's a special paint. I could spray it a machine grey like the exterior if they make fire retardant paint in metallic? Or maybe a flame retardant wrap?

ETA: It does get surprisingly hot.

Reactions: perseus

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
here's a youtube video about the Mikstore in the Phillipines:

They're truly awesome. The cam is amazing and syncs up with what appears to be 2 different iPhone apps. Formats the micro disk. Auto on at accidents. One button push to start recording. Auto lock? Not sure how that works yet but all seems nifty and low profile. G sensor.

Wasn't someone looking for this recently?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts