2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Mazda 3S Grand touring sedan with 50,000 miles on it. Lately it has been giving off a lot of gasoline odor and also rotten egg odor. What do you guys think it might be? Do you think it might be something that is covered under the drivetrain warranty? It drives okay it's just that when I park in my garage it fills my whole house with gasoline smell when I go in the door. I've had it since it was new in April 2010. Thanks for any ideas!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it has been going on for about a month or two now. How did you know I like to eat Mexican food? It started out as just a rotten egg smell coming out of the exhaust and I would always notice it in the garage, and now it's also a very strong gasoline smell. I've tried other gas stations and it's been the same either way. Do you have any idea what it could be?

·
ch ch ch chia
504 Posts
If it is an manual, you are burning the clutch. Same thing happens when I park in the garage, since it is on a slight incline. Can't explain the gasoline though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an automatic- sorry I didn't specify before. Do you happen to know if the catalytic converter is covered under the drive train warranty?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts