2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm brand new to the forum and Mazda. I've had the new 2019 Mazda3 hatch for just over a week now and loving it for the most part.

When I play my local/downloaded music, track info displays just fine, but not for streaming apps.
Wondering if the infotainment firmware needs updating?? I've inquired to the dealership, but nobody has helped so far.

QUESTION:
Is anyone else having issues displaying track/song info for streaming music apps (Pandora, Spotify, Amazon, YouTube, etc)? I've been searching high and low for a solution, but nothing has worked so far.
I've tried:
1. Modifying stream music app permissions to match my local music player
2. Paired and unpaired many times

Anyone faced this issue and solved?

Thanks,
Herbie

·
Registered
112 Posts
What device are you using to stream? I have seen similar if using a device with limited bluetooth support. If using bluetooth and not streaming music in the bottom corner of the display do you see the phones signal and battery strength ? If these two icons are missing this is a tell tale sign that bluetooth support at the device end is limited.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any updates, OP? I've noticed this with my 2019 Mazda3 and my Google Pixel 3. It seems like it's app dependant for me at least. YouTube Music doesn't display any metadata in my car while Google Play Music does. I've tried playing with the app's permissions but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What device are you using to stream? I have seen similar if using a device with limited bluetooth support. If using bluetooth and not streaming music in the bottom corner of the display do you see the phones signal and battery strength ? If these two icons are missing this is a tell tale sign that bluetooth support at the device end is limited.
Shoot, I apologize for not getting back sooner! I didn't see any notifications that there were replies.

My phone is the OnePlus 7 pro. And like Trickinit says, it definitely seems app dependent.

The best solution I've found is to simply use Android Auto. It works seamlessly and provides the nav and other AAuto enabled apps.

Thank you all for your replies.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had the same issue with my Pixel 3. I had to change the AVRCP version in the developer options to 1.3 to solve it.
  1. Activate developer options by tapping 7 times on Build number in Settings -> About the phone
  2. Go to developer options in Settings -> System -> Extended
  3. Change AVRCP version to 1.3 (all others are not working with the MZD at the moment)
  4. Reboot phone
Not sure if I choosed the right names for the menu names, because my phone language is German. But I'm pretty sure that you will find it. :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same issue with my Pixel 3. I had to change the AVRCP version in the developer options to 1.3 to solve it.
  1. Activate developer options by tapping 7 times on Build number in Settings -> About the phone
  3. Change AVRCP version to 1.3 (all others are not working with the MZD at the moment)
  4. Reboot phone
Not sure if I choosed the right names for the menu names, because my phone language is German. But I'm pretty sure that you will find it. :)
Of course I previously tried this and gave up before I had tried v1.3....thanks for this, works like a charm. For anyone else, this does work on my Pixel 3a, running latest Android 10. Spotify and all other music players appear just fine now, no AA needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  4. Reboot phone
You are a hero, thank you so much!! Worked like a charm. Made an account just to write this lol. This was bugging me for years till I found your comment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
  4. Reboot phone
THANK YOU!!!! This has been bugging me and I'm so happy I found your answer. I have a cx-30 and a pixel 3

·
Registered
1 Posts
  4. Reboot phone
I was having the same issue with my Pixel 3a and my 2014 CX5, this fixed it! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts