2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took delivery of my car on the 22nd, I cracked the hood open to make sure they'd cleaned out all the tree schmutz from the seals and wiper trough as the car had sat in close proximity to a tree for nearly a year. While they had cleaned it properly, I noticed some blue tape that looked like thin painter's tape around one of the battery cables. Tonight while scoping out a place for my dash cam's parking mode control unit, I found another piece around a loom in the top left of the footwell above the clutch pedal.

My first thought was the car might have been a Portland Auto Show rig but the Portland Auto Show always wraps battery cables and fuel filler caps in heavy black electrical tape and there's no evidence of that or heavy auto show interior traffic here. Also I don't think there'd be any need to put tape under the dashboard of a show car. Additionally, the car only had 18 miles on it at delivery. While the round trip could have been done without cracking that number, it would have meant it didn't get touched AT ALL for the rest of its time.

I'll take some pictures when I wind up yanking it out from under the dash but has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
267 Posts
The random blue tape is all over the place on both my 16 and now my 18. Must have been an installation marker assuming assembly line work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My 2018 also had some wires wrapped in blue tape. Underneath driver's seat, inside center console, plus some other places.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very odd but good to hear it's not abnormal. I wound up leaving the stuff under the dash since it was completely intertwined with the main bundle and it doesn't bother me that much. This car was much easier to wire up my dash cam than the Elantra was. The only downside is the forward sensing camera forced me to mount the dash cam a bit lower than normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts