2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 Mazda3 starting making this weird noise when accelerating at low RPM and seems to stop once it kicks into a higher gear. I don't really know how to describe the sound other than it sounds like a fan or something spinning with something stuck in it or something. It starts off low, gets pretty loud, then stops when it kicks into the next gear. It also doesn't happen when in neutral. Any idea what the hell this could be? It's starting to freak me out as it's getting louder.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you're hearing the rpms increasing lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I may be a novice when it comes to car issues, but I do know what it's supposed to sound like when the RPMs are increasing lol.

I can't find anything on line anywhere that sounds like this. Every video it something different and this is driving me crazy. Maybe I just need an oil change? Would going away from the recommended oil be the issue? I know the manual recommends 0W20 but when I got it changed last they put 5W20 in it instead. A lot of what I've read said it's interchangeable but I don't know for sure.

Sorry for being such a noob! :tt2:

·
Registered
817 Posts
How many miles are on it ? what engine do you have ? manual or auto ? if auto ..have you checked the transmission fluid lately ? and my opinion you should use 0W20 oil.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles are on it ? what engine do you have ? manual or auto ? if auto ..have you checked the transmission fluid lately ? and my opinion you should use 0W20 oil.
It's got a little over 28K on it, automatic 2.0 engine. Haven't checked the trans fluid. I bought it used about a year ago from my Mazda dealer.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
I highly doubt the engine oil has anything to do with it. Take it to a dealer. We cant really help when we dont know what it actually sound's like

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a civic that started making a weird broken fan noise at a certain rpm and then would go away once I passed that rpm or shifted to a higher gear. Turns out it was a loose heat shield that would vibrate at a certain frequency, hence only making noise at a certain rpm. Just throwing the possibility out there!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 Mazda 3 is making a fluttering noise when I'm at 4 1/2 to 5000 revs and I am getting no boost when the noise happens, can anyone help me out please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts