2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Mazda 3, 2017, europe, hatch, 2.0. petrol, 165HP, 35k km (around 22k miles)

Whenever A/C compressor is on, and you gently go on a gas pedal (most hearable from 1 to 3k rpm) strange sound can be heard under the hood.

The best way to describe is: like the wind is howling through a narrow passage or like 2 engines are working in the same time, next to each other, but on a different pitch.

There is no any power loss, but the sound can be heard on vehicle either stopped or moving one (it is the matter of rpms only it seems)

Does anyone know what am I talking about, or I need to do some recording? :)

And if you do know, what could be the cause?

·
Registered
301 Posts
So... Mazda 3, 2017, europe, hatch, 2.0. petrol, 165HP, 35k km (around 22k miles)

Whenever A/C compressor is on, and you gently go on a gas pedal (most hearable from 1 to 3k rpm) strange sound can be heard under the hood.

The best way to describe is: like the wind is howling through a narrow passage or like 2 engines are working in the same time, next to each other, but on a different pitch.

There is no any power loss, but the sound can be heard on vehicle either stopped or moving one (it is the matter of rpms only it seems)

Does anyone know what am I talking about, or I need to do some recording? :)

And if you do know, what could be the cause?
In many cars a booster cooling fan comes on when the AC is switched on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts