2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive got a stange plastic creaking noise when driving on bumpy or poorly paved roads. Im pretty sure it is coming from my wing bc it moves around pretty easily by hand and does make some noises.

So i took it into the dealership yesterday and explained this to them. They took the car for a ride and an hr later told this that the cause of the nosie is most likely one of these two things....and im not shitting u

1. that the mud flaps ive installed on my car are hitting the speed bumps (Rally Armor)
2. that my use of Armor All on the plastic has caused it to become slippier and allow it to move a creak.

first off ive told them it was bumpy roads not speed bumps. and i put the mud flaps on 2 days ago. I have had the noise for over a month now. Nice try blaming something i installed on the car though.

secondly the Armor All excuse is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard. I wanted to laugh at the manager and ask him if he was serious. There are so many things wrong with that statement i dont know where to begin. they could only blame that cause i had wipes in the back of my car which i hadnt used in weeks. also in all my technicall experience the use of a lubricant will cause less noise than dry materials rubbing together. and that is if somehow the use of armor all on the outer suface of a plactic part can somehow make the clips and mounting surfaces come loose or slip.

I am insulted that they would think i would believe that. Looking back i should have just gone on another ride with the technician but i didnt want to conduct any more business with a 2 guys that either believe that is a legitimit problem or are just tyring to blame everything ive done to the car rather than doing something like actually seeing if my wing fasteners are loose or a piece of damping material was not installed when the car was put together.

I also have note that this same service manager, of a mazda dealership, asked me if my car came with the wing when i bought it!!!!! on a 2010 Speed 3 he asked me if the wing was stock. are u effing kidding me?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
i get a creaking that sounds like its coming from the seat

·
Registered
9 Posts
squeeking noise

i get a creaking that sounds like its coming from the seat
I have narrowed the squeeking noise down to the driver's seat belt. Right near the console if you hold the harness it stops squeeking. There seems to be some play in the harness and maybe mine needs to be tightened. Also when I go over speed bumps or any kind of bumps I get creeking noises coming from the dash or windshield area...very annoying to say the least.

·
Making People Mad
832 Posts
Have the same problem, it's the shocks, your dealer sounds like an idiot, grab a wrench and do yourself a favor stick a rubber washer were the shock mounts to the chassis, it should do it! good luck! a lot of us are having this problem and mazda refuses to agknowledge our complaints, it's about time we start a petition or some shit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the creaking front glass when its cold and my Speedo creaks too, i have to squeeze it to stop. I also have this thumping noise coming from the back whenever i go over a bump.... I when to the back and it seem that the lower bumper where it connects to the metal wheel well is loose, i can move it a bit. anyone else with this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a creaking noise from the driver's side lower corner window area and from the rear wing spoiler--both are intermittent. The rear wing seems a little loose. I'm taking it in for service next Saturday and I've made note of it on the on-line appointment form, so I'll see what they tell me at John Hine Mazda.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.