2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abbreviated back story:
Bought a new 17 M3 GT HB in SRM back in June. Have gotten three paint chips in that time. Contacted Mazda via their website. Prompt response. Apologies. $40 eGift to get the touch-up paint. Planning to order Borla exhaust soon. Read that doesn't come with new gasket.

Went to dealer today. Presented coupon. Confusion. Didn't know how to process it. Got the paint stick, the exhaust gasket and an oil filter in exchange for the coupon.

Aside: Parts guy said his daughter has a new M6 in the black. She's also experience chips in her paint. LOVE my car overall, but the paint is a huge disappointment though it looks killer.

Just sharing.
:)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I ended up getting the clear bra put on mine this week, after picking up the car from the dealer on Saturday. I had it on my previous car for 9 years without any issues. It even survived a run in with a Bison. Definitely money well spent.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have Xpel on mine. It's a must in New England. On a side note I highly recommend Dr. ColorChip if you have road rash. Stuff is impressive.

Reactions: lemansbuilder

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
This isn't something specific to Mazda. The paint isn't as strong on all new vehicles industry wide. They switched from highly hazardous but very strong paint to safer and weaker. Mostly for environmental reasons.

·
*The Electrician*
905 Posts
I paid for the protection package when I bought the car, so paint chips ect are covered, no deductible or anything either. Ive got a few already, haven't gotten around to taking it in for that. Will probably address it during my next oil change which is coming up fast.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Abbreviated back story:
Bought a new 17 M3 GT HB in SRM back in June. Have gotten three paint chips in that time. Contacted Mazda via their website. Prompt response. Apologies. $40 eGift to get the touch-up paint. Planning to order Borla exhaust soon. Read that doesn't come with new gasket.

Went to dealer today. Presented coupon. Confusion. Didn't know how to process it. Got the paint stick, the exhaust gasket and an oil filter in exchange for the coupon.

Aside: Parts guy said his daughter has a new M6 in the black. She's also experience chips in her paint. LOVE my car overall, but the paint is a huge disappointment though it looks killer.

Just sharing.
:)
+1 | succinct

·
Registered
156 Posts
This isn't something specific to Mazda. The paint isn't as strong on all new vehicles industry wide. They switched from highly hazardous but very strong paint to safer and weaker. Mostly for environmental reasons.
Had my windows tinted on Tuesday at a shop that also does the Xpel film. They said that roughly around 2011, everyone went to something like a water based paint. Said they've run into some really bad cases. Priced out the Xpel film and it is $$$ but I might do it after the next tax season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts