2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had a few wet days here in southern california since I've had my 3, but I've noticed the clutch gets ridiculously slippery when wet. Is there anything to do to improve this, or is there a certain aftermarket pedal that deals well with rain?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've only had a few wet days here in southern california since I've had my 3, but I've noticed the clutch gets ridiculously slippery when wet. Is there anything to do to improve this, or is there a certain aftermarket pedal that deals well with rain?
I hadn't noticed this at all... maybe it's your shoes?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I find the pedals decent. I drove it last winter wearing snowmobile boots with no problems. You could also look at upgrading to the Aliminum looking pedals that say mazda 3 on them, they have the little rubber pieces, might give you more traction. Or get new shoes. :tongue:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I think DDM Tuning has Mazda 3 aluminum pedals for sale.

·
Andrew
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I searched for the thread and some people were down talking them compared to other pedals, although I'm not looking to spend a fortune. For anyone with aluminum pedals, does the rubber help out when its wet?

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I just don't wear shoes when I drive. I normally wear sandals because they are easier to take off and put on. Work allows me to (beauty of being the boss/owner) and will only wear shoes (but still take them on and off) in the winter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts