2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
TM3 Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE: the maf screw points are the same just poor tolerance and build quality on the part of corksport. their sri cold air box doesnt fit well either...

I was wondering if the screw point for the 2.0 and 2.5 2010+ mazda3's are the same or not?

Attached is a pic of the 2.0 maf; distance from one screw to the other is just under 2.5", approximately

If someone could measure the 2.5 screw points it would be much appreciated. Hoping that the stock 2.0 airbox and 2.5 are interchangeable.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
related in case someone needed to know, the skyactiv and the 2.0 are not the same

·
TM3 Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. reason why i ask is because my 2.0 maf wont line up with a corksport 2.5 sri. screw points seem to be different.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my K&N intake tube for the 2.5 Mazda 3, the MAF bolt distance from center to center is exact 2-1/8 inch, so you may want to check yours from center to center, I assume that the 2.0 is larger a little bit.
photo.JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK i can see it from your photo now, the 2.0 has a 2-1/16 inch bolt distance base on what I see from your measurement, so it is 1/8 inch shorter...:blink 1:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I always thought they were the same..

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
well this blows.. my MAF sensor doesn't fit into the housing. I purchased the SRI for the skyactiv and this happens...

MAF problem.jpg

The holes don't line up. And even if they did, they raise the sensor too high.
I'm kind of ticked off... I purchased the correct SRI for my engine and this crucial part doesn't fit? Any suggestions?

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
well this blows.. my MAF sensor doesn't fit into the housing. I purchased the SRI for the skyactiv and this happens...

View attachment 18929

The holes don't line up. And even if they did, they raise the sensor too high.
I'm kind of ticked off... I purchased the correct SRI for my engine and this crucial part doesn't fit? Any suggestions?
Contact CS! @[email protected]

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts

·
LiveWrong
489 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts