2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's been a bit over a year since the 2010 3 landed in a few of our garages and I started to wonder about a couple things since I'm now seeing alot of them on the road, in fact I saw SIX today! Mainly, has the grille/smile grown on everyone? I for one am so used to it and though at first I was taken a bit aback by it. Now, because I'm so used to seeing my own and others, it doesn't seem as radical as it once did and I really think the car looks HOT from all angles! If I go by how many I see I the road, I'm thinking the public has found a place for it as well. Also, does anyone have any idea if sales have met Mazda's hopes and expectations? Lastly, for those who have been driving it in the year (or so) range, how's your overall satisfaction? Mine is though the sunroof! I love driving it, love the features and love looking back at it as I walk away. The honeymoon is definitely NOT over! :clap:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I just got over a year recently.. 18K in that first year and I cant slow down
I also have to admit that I was rethinking the buy when I first got it, the smile looked weir at first but it grew on me. I am love all the features that the car comes with.. defiantly has the most bang for your buck in the cars price range
Congrats on the one year anniversary!!
:clap:

·
Registered
471 Posts
i love it, but i hate that i don't have money for mods. should've got a speed instead.
slightly agree...you know you'd still wanna mod the speed...and those mods are usually pricier. but mmmmm the turbo hiss!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm still lovin' mine. Speed is nice, but the lease payment on the speed was over $100 more a month which was not worth it to me. I love the handling, comfort and my monthly payment. :thumbup 1:
only had mine since december, but i do still love it. sorry i'm a newb compared to you all.

As far as the speed goes, I'm personally not a fan of the red / black interior... but to each his (or her) own. And yeah insurance would have been close to double what i pay on the GT

·
got to love mazda!
228 Posts
i love it, but i hate that i don't have money for mods. should've got a speed instead.
feel you but for me not alot of people like the idea of modding the 2.0 model?? i couldnt afford the 2.5 or the speed.. so ima try to mod mine out to the fullest even turbo it! i love this car looks and drives great!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm at nine months, so pretty close to the first year.

Overall, I'm still very happy with the car. Everything is still holding up well and I still really like the looks of the car.

While I'm still sure I didn't want the Speed3, I do wish the car had more power. Not a lot...say 20~25 hp or so. The Speed3 suspension on our roads around here would be miserable.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personally I never considered the Speed, for one it wasn't available, but moreover, being the gadget guy I am, I'd rather have my gadgets than the extra power that would probably get me in trouble anyway. I'm quite happy with the balance of power and comfort I got with my GT. I've never understood why they don't offer the Speed with the Grand Touring package options.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ive had mine for 10 months now!! Still love it! Its funny I still park way out in lots and try to park so that there is plenty of space for other car doors when I have to park at other peoples houses. Like most I cant wait to mod my car... all it takes is $$$$. I still get compliments on the car when I get it cleaned!

·
1,272 Posts
I still park way out in lots and try to park so that there is plenty of space for other car doors when I have to park at other peoples houses.
I do the exact same thing, lol. Also when I park on a campus parking lot, I only park on an end spot. Doesn't matter if I park in the back, it's still going to fill up, so I figure I'll cut my chances of someone opening their door into me in half. I also get as close as possible to the curb and try to find the widest end spots. :)

The one single time that I have not parked my car on an end spot (I was in a rush and there weren't any open), some BMW owner decided she wanted to open her door into mine. :argh 1: Never again will I not park on an end spot.

Mine is just under 8 months old now. The rattles and creaks annoy me slightly, but I still love it :001_wub 1:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I do the exact same thing, lol. Also when I park on a campus parking lot, I only park on an end spot. Doesn't matter if I park in the back, it's still going to fill up, so I figure I'll cut my chances of someone opening their door into me in half. I also get as close as possible to the curb and try to find the widest end spots. :)

The one single time that I have not parked my car on an end spot (I was in a rush and there weren't any open), some BMW owner decided she wanted to open her door into mine. :argh 1: Never again will I not park on an end spot.

Mine is just under 8 months old, and I still love it. The rattles and creaks annoy me slightly, but I still love it :001_wub 1:
Well put!!! I feel the same way!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts